Hello, my name is Serena, and I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my profile. Lots of people turn to counselling for many reasons; this could be for an existing problem, possibly relationship issues, generalised anxiety, or depression for example, or maybe something more unexpected. If you are thinking about therapy, but not sure it is for you, please feel free to contact me and we can discuss any of your concerns. I can reassure you that I strive to provide a warm and friendly, non-judgemental service, and I would be more than happy to hear from you.
I am predominantly a person Centred therapist, in which the relationship between client and counsellor is equal, and the relationship is one of the most important aspects of counselling. I can also draw from interventions and techniques from other therapies, for example CBT, Gestalt, and Transactional Analysis. I am BACP accredited, which reassures you that I have completed a substantial level of training and experience approved by the association.
I work from a quiet room within a multi purpose building in Rhyl, which will ensure your confidentiality. There is a car park within short walking distance, and close to bus stops and the train station. The room is accessible for wheelchairs. I will work in partnership with you to explore, understand and work through your difficulties. My aim is to help you find your own awareness, or resolution with regard to your difficulties.
If you decide you would like to try therapy, I would recommend that we meet for an initial session to discuss things in a little more depth, and you will be able to get a feel of what it would be like to work together. If you don't feel it's right to continue then there is absolutely no pressure on you to do so. However, I really hope I can share your journey with you.
I attend monthly supervision and I am fully insured to practice.
Training, qualifications & experience
I currently work, as a counsellor, for a charity who offer therapeutic services for adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse. I have also worked as a counsellor for an organisation that helps and supports women from the local and surrounding area.
Prior to training as a counsellor I worked within education, with children and young people who were experiencing emotional and/or behavioral difficulties.
- Level 3 Counselling Certificate
- Level 4 Diploma in Counselling Skills and Theory
- Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Skills and Theory
- Alcohol Counselling
- Drugs Awareness Counselling
- BACP Certificate of Accreditation
- Working With Children and Families
- Working with Young People
- CPD & Vocational
- Trans Awareness Training
- Asist Training (suicide Intervention)
- COSA Training (Circles of Support and Accountability)
- 2 Day drug & alcohol Awareness Training via CAIS
- Brief intervention for smoking cessation Training
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Training
- OCD Training within a CBT framework
- Pre Trial Therapy Training
- Alcohol Brief Intervention Training
- All Wales Child Protection Training
- 4 Day Sexual Violence Training for Counsellors
- Body Positive Awareness Training
- Impact of Cancer on Clients
- Personality Disorders Workshop
- BAWSO Training
- Older People's Domestic Violence Seminar
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
£35.00 per session. Sessions are one hour, and I offer sessions during office hours.
£25.00 for student trainee counsellors.
If you ring me and I am unable to answer your call please feel free to leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Please advise me if it is OK to leave a message.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
8.30am - 5.30pm, Monday - Friday.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|