Sara von Sommaruga Young Persons Counsellor BACP Accredited
Want to be a happier and closer family? Explore difficulties and improve communication?
We all experience difficult times in our lives and struggle to cope on our own. During these times we could benefit from talking to a counsellor.
My counselling training has provided me with the expertise to provide specialised counselling to children and young people.
I have 10 years experience working in my private practise at Ship Street Surgery, providing individual and group counselling sessions to young people between the ages of 11-24 and supporting their families.
For the past 13 years I have been running school counselling services in the two local comprehensive secondary schools.
I help young people, parents, parental couples and families to deal with a variety of issues such as, anxiety, depression, school refusal, suicidal thoughts/attempts, self-harm, early trauma and its effects, stress, low self-esteem, sexual identity, relationship difficulties, separation/divorce, reconstituted families, bereavement and psychosomatic disorders or symptoms. I provide short and long term counselling.
I also offer individual and group clinical supervision to trainee and qualified counsellors.
Why not give me a ring and ask any questions that you might have about your child attending counselling. I also offer a free initial meeting so that you and your child can decide whether I am the right counsellor for them.
Together we will explore and resolve difficulties and find a way forward
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc in Psychodynamic Counselling for Children and Adolescents,University of London
- Diploma in Group Supervision, London Institute of Group Anaysis
- Specialises in working with young people
- Fifteen years experience counselling young people in different settings
- Accredited Member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- Completed foundation course in Group Analysis, Institute of Group Analysis, London
- Qualified as Suzuki flute teacher with American Suzuki Institute
- BA in Fine Arts, Auckland University, New Zealand
- Continued professional
Child Protection Training
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
Photos & videos
Individuals: £50 negotiable
Support Group for Parents/Carers: price negotiable
Parental couple/families: £55 - £65
Individual - £45
Group - £30
Trainee Counsellor - Reduced rate
Appointments are usually held weekly at a regular time which is convenient to you.
I hold DBS Enhanced Disclosure to work with children and young people
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please feel welcome to ring me anytime, leave a message and I will return your call as soon as possible.
Types of client