Samantha Swann-Horler Registered Chartered Psychologist (CPsychol).
How can therapy be helpful?
Sometimes life can be difficult, with daily challenges feeling unmanageable and past experiences feeling overwhelming. Struggling through these times can often result in negative thoughts and feelings. Meeting with a psychologist can offer you the time and space to explore difficult life experiences and to develop an understanding of your thoughts, feelings and behaviours in a confidential and non-judgemental environment.
I work as a Chartered Psychologist and I am registered as a practitioner psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council. I have extensive experience of working with adults and children across a range of settings and I utilise a variety of psychological therapies to inform my practice.
In addition to individual therapy, I also offer supervision and consultation to mental health professionals and psychology trainees.
I consistently adhere to the Code of Ethics and Conduct of the British Psychological Society (BPS) and the Health and Care Professions Council's (HCPC).
I am registered with medical insurance companies; BUPA, Aviva, VitalityHealth, AXA PPP Healthcare.
Please feel free to contact me for a (free) telephone consultation to discuss whether or not you feel therapy may be beneficial for you. I understand that this can feel daunting and I fully appreciate the courage that this may take. I look forward to hearing from you and to answering any questions you may have about meeting with a psychologist.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and qualifications
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- Post-MSc Diploma Counselling Psychology.
- MSc Counselling Psychology.
- BA (Hons) Psychology and Sociology.
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
- Chartered Membership of the British Psychological Society.
- Secondary mental health services.
- Improving access to psychological therapies (IAPT) service.
- Wolverhampton education authority.
- Learning disabilities services.
- Child and adolescent mental health services.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
FREE 15 minute telephone consultation for initial enquiries.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|