Samantha Shepherd (FdSc Counselling MBACP registered)
Where do the sessions take place?
I offer counselling to individuals in BS4, and in the comfort of their own home in the Bristol area.
What can I help you with?
I work with an extensive variety of issues including:
- relationship issues
- low self-esteem
- dealing with difficult feelings and emotions
- I also have experience of working with domestic abuse.
I believe the quality of the relationship is an important aspect of counselling, by providing the core conditions of empathy, unconditional positive regard and congruence in a safe, confidential space allows the client to explore their issues and challenges at their own pace.
What is counselling?
Counselling offers you somewhere to be yourself outside of your regular life to connect to what is going on for you emotionally.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified Integrative counsellor working from a person centred core, enabling me to draw from a variety of humanistic approaches including CBT, Transactional Analysis and Gestalt. I customise my way of working according to the needs of the individual.
- I have a certificate in Counselling skills.
- I have an FDSC in Counselling.
- I have a wide range of experience of working with domestic abuse.
- I have been working for a counselling organisation for two years and have worked with a variety of issues.
As part of my training I have had my own personal therapy, so can understand how it is to enter into counselling.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Each session lasts 50 mins and costs £40. I provide open ended counselling according to the needs of the individual.
I also have a limited number of sessions available at a reduced fee of £25 for clients who are on a low income.
Please feel free to contact me to find out more information. You can call me on: 07400 614662 or click here to send me an email.
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). A professional body for counselling and psychotherapy in the UK. I have regular supervision to ensure I am working ethically and therapeutically in order to maintain professional standards of practice.
- I have an enhanced DBS.
- I am fully insured.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekday appointments earliest 9:30am, latest 8.00pm
Types of client