Sally Brown MBACP, MAC,counsellor and coach
Do you feel like you're on the verge of a breakdown? Or maybe you just don't feel like yourself anymore. Even when life seems outwardly functioning and successful, you can feel flat, or afraid. People may not know just how much you're struggling.
Sometimes, we need professional help to get through a challenging time. It's not self-indulgent - it's an investment both in yourself and the people who love and rely on you. A course of therapy can help you understand why you feel the way you do, and what needs to change for you to feel better, and live the life you deserve.
A good therapist is more than just a kindly listening ear. I am a qualified personal development coach as well as a BACP-registered counsellor. I offer you the space to explore the thoughts and feelings that are holding you back, but we will also work with a number of techniques, tools and processes to help you make lasting changes.
I specialise in helping clients:
* Manage anxiety, which may also manifest as phobias, panic attacks and OCD
* Understand and manage low mood and mood swings
* Improve self-esteem, self-confidence and self-belief
* Find direction and motivation
* Overcome procrastination and fear of decision-making
* Achieve a better work-life balance
* Make lifestyle changes relating to diet, alcohol intake, exercise and general health issues
* Understand recurring patterns in relationships at work and personal life
Training, qualifications & experience
My background is in the media, and I worked at senior level in the national press before retraining as a therapist. I write and consult on emotional and psychological health for the national media but please be assured that I never reveal details of any client.
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Skills Intensive (Mindfulness Training Ltd)
Advanced Coaching, University of Oxford
Single Session Integrated CBT (SDS Seminars Ltd)
Post-Qualification Certificate in CBT (WPF Therapy)
NCFE Accredited Therapeutic Coaching Diploma (Fusion Therapeutic Coaching)
Essential Skills in Clinical Assessment (WPF Therapy)
Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling (The Counselling Foundation)
Advanced Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling (The Counselling Foundation)
Foundation Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling(The Counselling Foundation)
CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills - Person-Centred (Bedford College)
CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Counselling Skills - Person-Centred (Bedford College)
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am a Personal Development coach and can help with work-related issues, including challenging relationships, lack of confidence and self-belief, work-life balance and career direction.
Photos & videos
I offer three services:
* Counselling Sessions. You can choose to come weekly, or every two to three weeks if that is better for you financially or timewise. I take cash, card or bank transfer payments. Most clients come for 20 sessions, but there is the option of adding more sessions at the end of the programme. Cost: £60 per hour.
* Personal Development Coaching. Clients usually come for three to five sessions, spaced three to four weeks apart. The fee includes written session notes emailed to you. Also available by telephone. Cost: £180 per 90 minute session.
* Two-hour Super Session. This can be ideal if you don't want ongoing therapy, but would like some support with a specific issue, such as a significant event coming up that you are anxious about, or a big decision you have to make. Includes emailed summary and follow-up call. Cost: £200 per session.
If you are not sure if you need counselling or coaching, email or text me and I will get back to you.
I abide by the BACP code of ethics which means I am committed to working safely, ethically and confidentially. I am in regular supervision and invest in ongoing training and professional development.
I am also a registered member of the Association for Coaching (MAC). Number: 52673710
I am a member of the executive committee of the BACP Coaching Divison, working to raise the profile of therapists who coach. I am a regular contributor to industry journals, including Coaching Today and Therapy Today, which ensures I stay informed of the latest research.
I am also a Trustee of Bedford Counselling and Training, a charity offering low-cost counselling to the community. If you are interested in finding out more about their services, visit www.bcat-team.org.uk.
- Also registered with Life Coach Directory
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon-Weds Sessions available from 10am to 7pm.
Types of client