Rebecca Gribbon, Psychotherapist and Counsellor, MBACP, FPC
Are you are at a point in your life where you are feeling directionless or despairing, or are experiencing anxiety or stress? Maybe you feel stuck in patterns of behaviour that feel unhealthy or destructive. Or you may feel as if past life events or relationships are impacting on your sense of wellbeing.
I am an experienced psychotherapist and counsellor offering a supportive space in which we can work together to explore your emotional life, with a view to its renewal or enhancement. My role is not to impose my ideas upon you but to help you make sense of your thoughts and feelings in a confidential and non-judgemental relationship. Gaining insight helps to build a more secure sense of self, and can improve your relationships with others: developing this insight is central to the work of therapy.
I offer both short term and open ended therapy.
- Short term therapy is usually based on twelve sessions and we would formulate together a focus for our work — this could be the exploration of a specific pattern in relationships, modes of behaviour or troubling symptoms.
- Open ended therapy provides the time and space to make complex connections, explore interpretations and consider links between past experiences and current states of mind. Our initial consultation will help you decide which is the best route for you. I have worked with people from many different backgrounds and believe in treating each person who seeks therapy as an individual .
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold a Post Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy from WPF, London, where I trained in both open ended and short term therapy. As well as working in private practice, I currently act as a Student Counsellor at a central London, Russell Group university and work in the voluntary sector in South West London.
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and of the Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling (FPC). These professional bodies ensure that all of their members are appropriately trained and qualified, and that they continue with their professional development and that they adhere to their Ethical Framework for Good
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
My usual fee is £40-75 per session. Under some circumstances I can offer sessions at a reduced fee.
There is no charge for the initial consultation/first session.
Please feel free to contact me by email or telephone.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Early morning, day times and evenings
Types of client