Hello and thank you for looking at my profile when there are so many of them out there! I love counselling and have been qualified for 7 years, for the last 3 years working with serving police officers and civilian staff at Merseyside Police. Before this I worked with victims of crime, trauma, abuse, the bereaved, women, young girls and vulnerable adults. ‘Extremely easy to talk to’….'turned things around for me’…. ’patient’….'kind’….'helped to save my life’....being just some of the favourable feedback from clients. July and August online only available.
So I wanted to tell you a little bit about me, but I’ll try to keep it short. I know that being a counsellor is something that was always meant for me because I have an affinity with people and being able to be ‘with’ them. My journey started with a basic counselling course, and this was the point at which I knew that my Civil Service days were limited because I realised very quickly that being a counsellor was my calling. Drawing on this and my life experience has given me the perfect grounding to be the best that I can be in the counselling room with my clients.
We are all different as human beings, experiencing different emotions, feeling different pain, needing different things….'the shoe that fits one person pinches another’....and that’s what makes us unique. I acknowledge that uniqueness and that’s why I work with you using an integrative approach - I bring in what it is I feel you need to flourish. I think that’s really important, to feel comfortable in your own skin. I provide a safe haven to listen to you without judgement.
I also offer Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) - a gentle therapy which helps to reduce emotional distress. It works by tapping on our own acupressure points. It can do some amazing things because it can help to remove life-limiting barriers and change the way we look at things, beliefs about ourselves that may be holding us back. Perhaps we have all experienced that ‘imposter syndrome’ from time to time...
Sessions for either counselling or EFT last between 50 and 60 minutes. I offer a 20 minute preliminary telephone consultation for you to decide whether you think I’m right for you. I will always look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for reading!
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling Level 4 AQA Dip.Couns, MBACP (Reg)
- Advanced Certificate in Counselling AQA
- Intermediate Certificate in Counselling Skills AQA
- Introduction to Counselling Skills Part 2 AQA
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency Examination
- Certificate in Understanding Autism Level 2 - 2020
- Mindfulness Based Inner Repatterning - 2020
- COVID-19 Bereavement Conference - 2020
- Suicide and Self-harm - Working Safely and Ethically with Clients at Risk (BACP) - 2020
- Emotionally Focused Therapy in Action - Roadmap to Emotional Healing (Parts 1,2,3) - 2020
- Human Diversity: Diversity in the Therapeutic Relationship - 2020
- Human Diversity: Power in the Therapy Room, Individual and Collective Trauma - 2020
- Single Session Therapy - When You Have Difficulties with your Adult Children: Perspectives (Windy Dryden) - 2020
- Single Session Therapy – SST Demonstrations & Questions (Windy Dryden) - 2020
- Single Session Therapy with Relationship Problems (Windy Dryden) - 2020
- Rainbow Map – An Understandable Way of Working with Trauma - 2020
- HIV Awareness and Stigma Reduction Training Course - 2019
- Group CBT for Depression (BABCP) - 2019
- CBT for PTSD and Beyond (BABCP) - 2018
- Mental Health First Aid Training - 2018
- Safeguarding, Child Protection, Vulnerable Adults and Risk Assessment Training - 2017
- Complex Grief - 2016
- Working with Bereaved Clients (BACP) - 2016
- Anger - A Gesthault Perspective - 2015
- Dealing with Stress and Anxiety - 2015
- Working Together to Safeguard Children - 2015
- Domestic Abuse and Professional Awareness - 2014
- Introduction to Working with the Angry Child - 2014
Emotional Freedom Techniques qualifications
- Emotional Freedom Techniques Practitioner EFT Prac, EFTi (Accred)
- Emotional Freedom Techniques Level 2
- Emotional Freedom Techniques Level 1
- Emotional Freedom Techniques Supervision/Mentoring - 2020 & 2019
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50.00 per session
Session costs for Counselling or EFT - £50
Zoom sessions only available for July and August
Block bookings available:
- 3 sessions @ £140
- 6 sessions @ £280
Free initial 20 minute phone consultation.
Flexible with appointments to suit you where I can.
Payment by BACS / Paypal
During July & August remote sessions via Zoom available.
From September face to face available on Tuesdays/Thursdays from The Space, Rodney St and in line with current Covid-19 guidelines.
As a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) I work in line with their ethical framework. Likewise as an accredited practitioner with EFTi.
Please leave a voice mail message if I am unavailable and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.