The Awareness Centre
41 Abbeville Road
A chartered psychologist and registered psychotherapist, I have been working for over ten years with individuals offering practical help across a range of symptoms and issues.
Some of us reach a point in our lives when how we are living is no longer OK. There may be a specific event or incident that is affecting us in some way, or we may just have a sense that something is not ‘right’ and we want to understand what is going on, and maybe do something about it.
I work with individuals to help them make sense of their world and to get more out of life. I provide a safe, confidential and non-judgmental space where people can explore their thoughts, feelings and experiences in order to move forward in their lives with more freedom and energy.
If this is something that appeals to you, please get in touch.
Training, qualifications & experience
I integrate in-depth psychological theory with a pragmatic, change oriented perspective.
Through my professional training I have the following credentials:
- Chartered Occupational Psychologist and Associate Fellow with the British Psychological Society
- Registered Practitioner Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council
- Registered Psychotherapist with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy
Academically, I have a Masters in Gestalt Psychotherapy and a Masters in Occupational and Organisational Psychology.
Research shows that the single biggest determinant of a positive outcome in counselling and therapy is the relationship. So, in whatever way my qualifications and training compare to another's, my advice to anyone considering working with someone is to meet them first and see what it is like to be with them.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
Some of the typical issues I encounter and work with are:
- Stress: Feeling burnt out or overwhelmed by work-life, uncertainty about the future
- Trauma: recent or historical sexual/physical/bullying
- Mid-life crisis: Lack or loss of meaning in life, low motivation for life
- Depression: Low self-esteem, mood swings, panic attacks, anxiety
- Addictive behaviour: alcohol and substance abuse, internet, gambling
- Loss: bereavement, redundancy, abandonment, illness
- Eating disorders: over/under eating
- Relationships: Loneliness, relationship breakdowns, sexual concerns.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work on Monday evenings between 6pm and 10pm