Petronela Antemia - MBACP, Dip. Couns.
I am a qualified counsellor happy to explore with you any difficulties, concerns, struggle or anxiety you may be experiencing in your life. My formal training is in Humanistic Counselling based on Person-Centred approach. The humanistic approach provides you with an opportunity to explore your self-development, so you have a deeper understanding of who you are and what are are feeling, resulting in improved self-awareness. My person-centred approach means that I strive to build a collaborative and trusting relationship which will allow you to focus on what is important to you because you are the expert of your life.
My aim is to offer you a listening ear alongside a safe, empathic and non-judgmental environment to positively support you to explore your needs which can include anxiety, depression, relationship issues, low self-esteem, work, family, bereavement or anything else you wish to bring. Rather than imposing solutions, I will instead support you in taking steps to explore your individual difficulties at your own pace, which can provide you with a greater understanding of them and therefore help you discover the best solution that works for you.
Although I am predominantly Person-Centred in my approach, I will also draw on different modalities such as Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Solution Focused Therapy (SFT) dependent on your needs and goals.
I work with Adults, Children and Young People and have a full DBS.
As a member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) I agree to adhere to the good counselling practice as described by the BACP ethical guidelines. This ensures I treat everyone with the same respect and that I deliver a safe and professional level of counselling, keeping your best interests at the core. Alongside this, I regularly attend supervision and engage in further professional training, to make sure I can help you in the best possible way. I also hold full public liability insurance.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 5 Certificate in Counselling Young People
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Humanistic Counselling)
- Level 3 Award in Counselling Skills and Theory
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Diploma in Child Counselling
- MA Communication and Language Sciences
Additional Training and Experience:
- Level 2 Certificate in Play Therapy Skills
- Level 4 Anger Management Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Diploma (CBT)
- Child Attachment Diploma
Experience working with depression, anxiety, self harm, anger management, suicide ideation, family difficulty, low self -esteem, bereavement and loss, PTSD and trauma, bullying, stress management, relationships, loneliness.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Initial session is £25.
- Subsequent sessions are £50 for 50 minutes session, payable by cash or bank transfer.
- I offer a limited number of concessionary sessions for those on low income, please enquire.
- 24 hours’ notice is required for cancellations.
I offer face to face counselling, both short and long term, according to your requirements and budget. I currently work in private practice as well as for a local charity delivering generic counselling and Anger Management counselling. As part of my private practice I work with a clinic and a GP surgery in Basingstoke.
Initial session is to ensure you feel happy and comfortable working with me and that I have the appropriate experience and skills to work with your difficulties.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Types of client