Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
I am committed to working together with you to resolve whatever is troubling you and leading you to seek counselling at this time.
I am a Person Centred counsellor and I completed my initial training in 2003. Since then I have worked in private practice and have had experience of working in the NHS and as a counsellor in primary schools.
I work with adults and couples. I also work with children from reception upwards using non-directive play therapy.
I practice in N11, N20 and in Epping, Essex and I can work online via Skype, FaceTime or Zoom
I also supervise counsellors
Training, qualifications & experience
- Areas of counselling I have worked with include: anxiety, bereavement, relationship problems, neo-natal death, sexual abuse, domestic violence, alcohol related issues, suicide and self harm, cultural issues, refugee and asylum seeker issues, loneliness and depression.
- I have a diploma in therapeutic counselling and specialise in Person Centred therapy.
- I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and committed to its Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling. I'm also subject to its professional conduct procedures.
- I worked as a volunteer play therapist for the Place2Be for three and a half years based in primary schools. During that time I received additional training in this field of work and regular supervision.
- For one year I worked as a counsellor at White Lodge Medical Practice (NHS) in Enfield
- I am Chair of Hillingdon BAPCA (British Association for the Person Centred Approach) and regularly attend their experiential meetings as part of my ongoing personal and professional development.
- Since January 2018 I have been supervising trainee and qualified counsellors.
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Concessions offered for
From £50 for 50 minutes (or 1 hour online).
When I work
Daytime and evening appointments
Please feel free to contact me by phone or email if you require any other information about my service.