Peter Cunningham Counselling and Clinical Supervision
I am committed to working together with you to resolve whatever is troubling you and leading you to seek counselling at this time.
I am a Person Centred counsellor and I completed my initial training in 2003. Since then I have worked in private practice and have had experience of working in the NHS and as a counsellor in primary schools.
I work with adults and couples. I also work with children from reception upwards using non-directive play therapy.
I practice in N11, N20 and in Epping, Essex and I can work online via Skype, FaceTime or Zoom
I also supervise counsellors
Training, qualifications & experience
- Areas of counselling I have worked with include: anxiety, bereavement, relationship problems, neo-natal death, sexual abuse, domestic violence, alcohol related issues, suicide and self harm, cultural issues, refugee and asylum seeker issues, loneliness and depression.
- I have a diploma in therapeutic counselling and specialise in Person Centred therapy.
- I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and committed to its Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling. I'm also subject to its professional conduct procedures.
- I worked as a volunteer play therapist for the Place2Be for three and a half years based in primary schools. During that time I received additional training in this field of work and regular supervision.
- For one year I worked as a counsellor at White Lodge Medical Practice (NHS) in Enfield
- I am Chair of Hillingdon BAPCA (British Association for the Person Centred Approach) and regularly attend their experiential meetings as part of my ongoing personal and professional development.
- Since January 2018 I have been supervising trainee and qualified counsellors.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
From £50 for 50 minutes (or 1 hour online).
Concessions offered for
Daytime and evening appointments
Please feel free to contact me by phone or email if you require any other information about my service.