Accredited Dip Couns. English and Spanish counselling
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
I am an accredited counsellor and supervisor with 15 years practice with individuals and couples in English and Spanish, for anxiety, depression, low self esteem and relationships.
I provide you with a private and safe space where we can talk about your difficulties, from coping with traumatic events to dealing with anxiety, stress and depression, or managing thoughts, behaviours or a relationship.
I am a qualified intercultural integrative counsellor. Being integrative means I use several theoretical approaches depending on your goals and needs. Being intercultural means I take into account the impact of living in a different culture, belonging to mixed backgrounds and also coming from a different background. I am a Spaniard brought up in Australia living in London, so I have personal experience of this. As I am a fluent Spanish speaker, I also work in Spanish.
The main approaches I use are:
- Psychodynamic: we look at how current issues are influenced by past experiences.
- Person-centred: we look at the difficulties you are having in your life at present.
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy): I use more practical techniques to tackle issues such as depression and anxiety.
- Transactional Analysis: we look at any issues you feel you have in your communication with others.
- Dreamwork: we look at your emotions at a more unconscious level.
- Mindfulness: I teach you techniques that help with anxiety, stress and worry.
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing): for traumatic events or PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), generalised anxiety and anger.
I am specialised in:
- Anxiety: I use EMDR, CBT and/or Mindfulness, depending on the issue presented by the client.
- Addictions. I have worked for Drug and Alcohol Services for over 6 years from a busy GP surgery in South West London and have also supported people with other addictions, like gambling and eating.
- Illness diagnosis. I have worked mostly with HIV from a London wide charity for gay men. Alongside this work I completed the Level 2 Certificate in Health Work.
- Depression leading to suicidal thoughts and feelings. I am a trained Samaritans Counsellor and worked with Samaritans for over a year.
- Eating Disorders. I have worked mainly with young female clients in my private practice.
- Counselling Supervisor. For over 2 years I worked for a world wide charity that offers counselling to Spanish speakers and for 5 years I have been supervising counselling students in my practice.
I am a Registered and Accredited member of BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) and adhere to its strict ethical framework and code of practice.
Training, qualifications & experience
OTHER TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
I completed a BA (Hons) at the University of Valencia (Spain) and the Open University in London.
I have a Diploma in Intercultural Therapeutic Counselling from Lambeth College. This is a 2 year training course which incorporates practice and supervision as part of the course requirement to pass.
I also hold a CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Studies from Lambeth College.
Employee Assistance Programme
Training, qualifications & experience *
I have completed a Diploma in Life Coaching.
I have completed a course in Mindfulness and Meditation.
I have completed the following trainings, many with the NHS:
Anxiety, stress and worry
Dual Diagnosis (Addiction + mental health issue)
Working with Self-Harm
Domestic Violence Awareness
Working with Eating Disorders
Dreamwork, which I practice ongoing
Mindfulness and Meditation, which I practise ongoing
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Concessions offered for
- Weekday sessions from 5pm to 9pm
- Saturday session from 10 am to 1pm
- Flexible sessions
- Fortnightly sessions
- Sessions in Spanish
- Consultation ---------------------------- £30
- Individuals ---------------------------- £50
- Couples ---------------------------- £60
- Students ---------------------------- £40
- Low income concession ------------- (to be negotiated)
- Supervision for Counselling students £40
During the initial 50 minute no obligation session we will discuss the issue that brings you to counselling, your goal and expectations, how/if I can help you with your issue and whether you would feel comfortable working with me.
I am more than happy to answer any queries you have. Please contact me on 07587 342131 or email@example.com
When I work
Monday to Friday from 5pm to 9pm - Saturdays from 10am to 2pm
I offer counselling and supervision a short walk from both Borough and London Bridge stations. The area is very well connected by all public transport and very central.
The building has a secure entry system.
Llevo trabajando de psicoterapeuta en Londres desde el 2006. Desde que comencé he ayudado a muchas personas y parejas de la comunidad hispano hablante. Además, he trabajado en el Teléfono de la Esperanza de Londres, tanto de psicoterapeuta como de supervisora de otros psicoterapeutas del centro.
Estoy especializada en ansiedad generalizada y estrés, en todo tipo de adicciones, transtornos de la alimentación, depresión y suicidio, diagnosticos de enfermedades y en el análisis de los sueños. He ayudado a personas con problemas de relaciones de pareja, ansiedad, separación e ira, entre otros.
Soy miembro registrada y reconocida de BACP (la Asociación Britanica de Counselling y Psicoterapia).
Visita mi pagina web www.palomaantoncounselling.weebly.com , en la cual puedes ver todos los detalles de mis antecedentes, estudios, precios, mapa de ubicación de mi consultorio, etc, en español.
Para cualquier duda o aclaración, ponte en contacto conmigo, ya sea a mi correo electronico firstname.lastname@example.org o a mi número de movil, 07587 342131.