Paloma Anton BA (Hons), Dip Couns, Reg MBACP (Accred). English and Spanish.
I am a BACP Accredited and experienced counsellor and have 12 years practice in counselling individuals and couples in English and Spanish for a range of issues such as relationships, anxiety, addictions, anger, depression and separation.
I provide you with a private and safe space where we can talk about your difficulties, from coping with traumatic events to dealing with anxiety, stress and depression, or managing thoughts, behaviours or a relationship.
I am a qualified intercultural integrative counsellor. Being integrative means I use several theoretical approaches depending on your goals and needs. Being intercultural means I take into account the impact of living in a different culture, belonging to mixed backgrounds and also coming from a different background to my own. I am a Spaniard brought up in Australia living in London, so I have personal experience of this. As I am a fluent Spanish speaker, I also work in Spanish.
The main approaches I use are:
- Psychodynamic: we look at how current issues are influenced by past experiences.
- Person-centred: we look at the difficulties you are having in your life at present.
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy): I use more practical techniques to tackle issues such as depression and anxiety.
- Transactional Analysis: we look at any issues you feel you have in your communication with others.
- Dreamwork: we look at your emotions at a more unconscious level.
- Mindfulness: I teach you techniques that help with anxiety, stress and worry.
- The Rewind Technique: for traumatic events.
I am specialised in:
- Anxiety: I use a combination technique from CBT and Mindfulness.
- Addictions. I have worked for Drug and Alcohol Services for 6 years from a busy GP surgery in South West London and have also supported people with other addictions, like gambling.
- Illness diagnosis. I have worked mostly with HIV from a London wide charity for gay men. Alongside this work I completed the Level 2 Certificate in Health Work.
- Depression leading to suicidal thoughts and feelings. I am a trained Samaritans Counsellor and worked with Samaritans for over a year.
- Eating Disorders. I have worked mainly with young female clients in my private practice.
- Counselling Supervisor. For over 2 years I worked for a world wide charity that offers counselling to Spanish speakers and for 2 years I have been supervising counselling students in my practice.
- I am on the therapy's directory of Quitza, the world's first social smoking cessation network. Are you trying to quit smoking or have you recently quit, but feel you need some peer or professional support? Click on this link https://quitza.com for more information.
I am a Registered and Accredited member of BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) and adhere to its strict ethical framework and code of practice.
Training, qualifications & experience
OTHER TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
I completed a BA (Hons) at the University of Valencia (Spain) and the Open University in London.
I have a Diploma in Intercultural Therapeutic Counselling from Lambeth College. This is a 2 year training course which incorporates practice and supervision as part of the course requirement to pass.
I also hold a CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Studies from Lambeth College.
Employee Assistance Programme
Training, qualifications & experience *
I have completed a Diploma in Life Coaching.
I have completed a course in Mindfulness and Meditation.
I have completed the following trainings, many with the NHS:
Anxiety, stress and worry
Dual Diagnosis (Addiction + mental health issue)
Working with Self-Harm
Domestic Violence Awareness
Working with Eating Disorders
Dreamwork, which I practice ongoing
Mindfulness and Meditation, which I practise ongoing
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Weekday sessions from 5pm to 9pm
- Saturday session from 10 am to 1pm
- Flexible sessions
- Fortnightly sessions
- Sessions in Spanish
- Consultation ---------------------------- £30
- Individuals ---------------------------- £45
- Couples ---------------------------- £55
- Students ---------------------------- £35
- Low income concession ------------- (to be negotiated)
- Supervision for Counselling students (to be negotiated)
During the initial 50 minute no obligation session we will discuss the issue that brings you to counselling, your goal and expectations, how/if I can help you with your issue and whether you would feel comfortable working with me.
I am more than happy to answer any queries you have. Please contact me on 07587 342131 or email@example.com
I offer counselling and supervision a short walk from Elephant and Castle. The area is very well connected by all public transport.
Free parking is available after 6.30pm.
The building has a reception-waiting area and a secure entry system.
Llevo trabajando de psicoterapeuta en Londres desde el 2006. Desde que comence he ayudado a muchas personas y parejas de la comunidad hispano hablante. Ademas, he trabajado en el Telefono de la Esperanza de Londres, tanto de psicoterapeuta como de supervisora de otros psicoterapeutas del centro.
Estoy especializada en ansiedad generalizada y estres, todo tipo de adicciones, transtornos de la alimentacion, depresion y suicidio, diagnosticos de enfermedades y analisis de los suenos. He ayudado a personas con problemas de relaciones de pareja, ansiedad, separacion, ira, entre otros.
Soy miembro registrada y reconocida de BACP (la Asociacion Britanica de Counselling y Psicoterapia).
Visita mi pagina web www.palomaantoncounselling.weebly.com , en la cual puedes ver todos los detalles de mis antecedentes, estudios, precios, mapa de ubicacion, etc. en espanol.
Para cualquier duda o aclaracion, ponte en contacto conmigo, ya sea a mi correo electronico firstname.lastname@example.org o a mi movil 07587 342131.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday from 5pm to 9pm - Saturdays from 10am to 2pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I have been supervising counselling students for a reduced fee for 5 years.