1 Southernhay West
I provide an independent counselling and psychotherapy service for adults and adolescents. Alongside my independent practice, I work as a psychotherapist for the NHS. My experience also includes working in education counselling services and voluntary organisations providing therapy for adults and young people. I can offer extensive experience in working with a wide variety of emotional difficulties, including :
- depression, low self esteem, anxiety, relationship difficulties and identity issues;
- problems due to difficult past experiences such as trauma, abuse and relationship difficulties;
- loss and bereavement;
- self harm;
- a more general sense of dissatisfaction or confusion;
- help with promoting personal development - sessions provide a deep exploration of past and current experiences and emotions in order to develop greater insight and self knowledge.
I offer :
- psychotherapy sessions - once weekly or more if needed. This work tends to be longer term;
- counselling on a shorter term basis;
- a reduced fee initial consultation to help you decide whether I can be of help.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Child and Adolescent Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy - clinical training to doctorate standard with the Tavistock and Portman Clinic, London
- Post. Grad. Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling for adults
- Certificate in Integrative Counselling
- Qualification in Psychoanalytic Observational Skills
- Registered member of the ACP (Association of Child Psychotherapists) and accreditation with the Professional Standards Authority
- Member of BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
My fees are £50.00 for an initial appointment and for all subsequent appointments.
I have a limited number of reduced fee appointments depending on circumstances.
My practice room is based in the city centre of Exeter in Southernhay West, close to car parking, train station and numerous bus routes.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I can offer a variety of appointment days and times throughout the week.
Types of client