I provide an independent counselling and psychotherapy service for adults and adolescents and families.
I offer face to face psychotherapy sessions as well as telephone and online counselling and support.
Alongside my independent practice, I work for Force Cancer Care offering counselling and family support. I have ten years previous experience working as a Child Psychotherapist for Exeter CAMHS. Other previous experience includes working in education counselling services and voluntary organisations providing therapy for adults and young people. I can offer extensive experience in working with a wide variety of emotional difficulties, including
- depression, low self esteem, anxiety, relationship difficulties and identity issues;
- problems due to difficult past experiences such as trauma, abuse and relationship difficulties;
- loss and bereavement;
- self harm;
- a more general sense of dissatisfaction or confusion;
- help with promoting personal development - sessions provide a deep exploration of past and current experiences and emotions in order to develop greater insight and self knowledge.
I offer :
- psychotherapy sessions - once weekly or more if needed. This work tends to be longer term.
- counselling on a shorter term basis
- Online and telephone support and counselling
Training, qualifications & experience
- Child and Adolescent Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy - clinical training to doctorate standard at the Tavistock and Portman Clinic, London
- Post. Grad. Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling for adults
- Certificate in Integrative Counselling
- Qualification in Psychoanalytic Observational Skills
- Registered member of the ACP (Association of Child Psychotherapists) and accreditation with the Professional Standards Authority
- Member of BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
Association of Child Psychotherapists
The ACP is the registering body for NHS trained Child and Adolescent Psychotherapists. ACP members undergo a minimum 6 year training; two years at Masters level then 4 years full-time clinical in the NHS qualifying in a Doctorate Level course. Full members are able to work with neonates, mothers & babies, parents & toddlers, primary school age children & adolescents. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
My fees are £50.00 for an initial appointment and for all subsequent appointments.
I have a limited number of reduced fee appointments depending on circumstances.
I can offer a variety of appointment days and times throughout the week.
My practice room is based in the city centre of Exeter in Southernhay West, close to car parking, train station and numerous bus routes.