Welcome. Thank you for taking the first step to improve your well-being. I am here to support you throughout this process.
I believe we all deserve to feel safe, loved and content. My goal is to support you throughout the process of accepting yourself, increasing your strengths and reaching a more positive well-being.
I am an experienced psychotherapist, counsellor and supervisor. My background is in psychotherapy and in psychodrama. I therefore hold various of counseling skills, including art and drama methods, which can be used as part of the traditional talking therapy.
I have been working with adults for more than 17 years and fully trained to work with children and families.I have successfully supported clients in different times of crisis, loss, anxiety and depression. I am qualified in supporting clients with eating disorders, addictions and trauma.
I am a registered member of the UKCP and the BPA and follow their Framework for Good Practice. I am a lecturer in the MA in counseling and psychotherapy program in Leeds university and have been supervising students and trained counsellors nationally and internationally for many years.
I have much experience of one-to-one and group work with people who have a range of mental health problems.
I practice is a secure, safe and calm environment. There is a free parking area.
I offer daytime and evening appointment, including Skype counseling.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a member of the UKCP, BPA.
- PhD in Psychology, University of Leeds.
- MSc nutrition, University of Leeds.
- MA in Psychodrama, Lesly university, USA.
I have over 15 years experience of individual and group work. I hold specific qualification for supporting clients with the following:
- Eating disorders, Obesity.
- Substance Use: Alcohol and Drug use.
- Working with clients who experience low self-esteem, depression, anxiety, dissatisfaction with body.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Initial consultation and assessment session: £50
Individual therapy/Skype counseling : £50
Students discounts are available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available Monday-Thursday from 18:00-21:00 Friday's 14:00-20:00 Saturdays-only Skype counselling. Sunday's-09:00-17:00
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|