Miranda Voyle-Wilkinson UKCP - Psychotherapist, Counsellor & Coach
Your experience is unlike anyone else's: both in terms of your past influences and your day to day life. It is your own unique journey which brings you to therapy. The only shared experience of my clients is that there is pain or confusion that needs to be addressed, sometimes as a matter of urgency. I am an experienced psychotherapist and I offer a safe, confidential, warm and trusting space for you to explore your deeply personal concerns.This can be through either short or long term therapy.
As an ex-lawyer, I have particular expertise and experience working with issues from within a career context - the impact your concerns have on your relationship with, and expectations of, work & career.
My therapeutic approach is integrative which means that I am trained in various different styles of psychotherapy and apply them as appropriate to you. Successful therapy is rooted in the quality of the relationship, and it’s vital that you feel comfortable working with me so together we can explore and understand your world. Through our relationship, you will learn how unconsciously processed habits have arisen and, through empathic work, we start to understand and appropriately challenge these thoughts, feelings and behaviours.
If you wish to concentrate on a more solution focussed approach and have a specific outcome in mind, I offer coaching which can take place at my practice or at a time and place convenient to you.
Training, qualifications & experience
My academic training was at Birkbeck University and Regents University, London. It lasted for five years and I have completed a Masters programme and an Advanced Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy. My training, governed by UKCP, was thorough and rigorous. I am a registered psychotherapist with UKCP, abiding by their code of ethics in practice. I am also a qualified coach having trained at the AOeC.
Before training as a psychotherapist I worked in the City as a solicitor. This allows me the unique perspective of understanding the pressure of City life and the impact that stress, anxiety and conflicting expectations can have, particularly on professional women and working mothers.
I have worked in many different therapeutic settings as a counsellor and psychotherapist including:
- private practice - coaching, counselling, psychotherapy;
- counselling adolescents in school;
- youth and young adult charity - long and short term counselling;
- University counselling service;
- long-term psychotherapy at a London women's centre;
- participating in ward rounds and art therapy at a Mother and Baby ward for acute postpartum psychological crisis at an NHS hospital.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Life transitions
- Relationship issues,
- Separation & Divorce,
- Mid-life crisis,
- Panic attacks,
- Confidence crisis,
- Existential crisis,
- Creative interventions for post-natal depression.
Photos & videos
Varied. Needs based concessions.
- Central London location next to the Globe Theatre - well placed for Bankside, Southbank, Waterloo, Southwark, Blackfriars, Aldwych, London Bridge, Borough, St Paul's & the City.
- West Surrey location - well placed for Guildford, Godalming, Cranleigh and surrounding villages.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client