I am a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT) accredited with the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) with over 10 years of work experience of treating clients with numerous psychological complexities.
I also worked in the NHS for over 30 years in Mental Health and IAPT psychological Therapy services as well as working in my own private practice. I engage in regular training to keep up to date with current evidence-based practices.
What I Offer
- 15 minutes free consultation which will be arranged upon initial contact.
- Individual therapy.
- Early morning treatment sessions (starting from 08.00).
- Treatment throughout the day.
- Evening treatment sessions.
- Weekends treatment sessions.
As a therapist, I offer space for client to feel safe and comfortable that allows you to talk about your difficulties without being judgemental.
What is CBT?
Cognitive behavioural therapy is an active and solution-focused form of therapy. CBT is a psychological treatment of choice for depression, anxiety and a range of other emotional disorders. The basic principle of CBT is that our emotional reactions such as anxiety, sadness, anger and guilt are not only from situations in themselves but also from the perception we take of them.
In retrospect, our thoughts, feelings and behaviours primed up a vicious cycle which could maintain ongoing problems, therefore, makes it difficult for any changes to take place. CBT focus on trying to intercept these vicious cycle through exploring our beliefs, thoughts and behaviours by finding alternative ways to change them. Subsequently, empowering the client to move towards a more confident mind and to improve their daily lives
I also help clients to find a way forward through their emotional difficulties by making sure that each treatment plan is designed for each individual client. Generally, my aim is to assist clients to gain the best result tailored for his or her own needs by respectfully allowing them full autonomy over their treatment.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma Cognitive Approaches to Counselling and psychotherapy
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapies (CBT)
- BSc with Honours in Mental Health studies
- Previously Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN)
- BABCP Accredited
I specialised in following CBT interventions
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD),
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Social Anxiety
- Panic Disorders
- General Anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Health Anxiety
- Low Self Esteem
- Anger management
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Work-related stress
£60.00 per hour session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client