Michelle Krethlow Shaw Dip Hyp CS (MHS) Ad Dip Cp (MNCS ACCRED) Cert SM
Offering you Counselling, Psychotherapy, Hypnotherapy, EMDR and Mindfulness at my private clinic in Broomfield, Chelmsford, Essex since 2011. I am an Accredited Counsellor with the NCS ( approved by the Government Professional Standards Authority, accredited register). We will work together in a therapeutic, confidential, compassionate and non judgmental environment that meets your individual needs with special regard to both your well being and goals. I specialize in working with Anxiety, Depression, Grief, Loss and Trauma as well as working with young people aged 16 -25.
My approach is very much integrative; being able to offer my clients and draw upon my knowledge, training and skills of:
- CBT and REBT(Cognitive Behavioral Therapy as advocated by the NHS, Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy)
- EMDR (for all kinds of Trauma)
- Mindfulness (I am training with Bangor University as a teacher to deliver courses) (supported by the NHS for the treatment of Pain, Stress, Anxiety and Depression. I can now offer the 8 week MBCT course on a 1:1 basis please ask for a price)
- Hypnotherapy (used to help with Stress, Fears, Phobias).
Having had personal experience of grief, loss, depression and anxiety; these topics are close to my heart. The same applies to working with young adults (age 16 -25), many of whom face significant challenges currently. From a professional perspective I believe having these experiences brings a unique sense of insight to the therapeutic process. (www.krethlowcounsellingessex.co.uk/about.html)
So clients from all walks of life and all range of difficulties find their way to my door:
- People who are suffering from Depression and Anxiety, either reacting to a traumatic event or generally stopping them from living the life they would wish to have
- People suffering from Grief and Loss
- People struggling with Relationship difficulties and wanting to find a new way and change
- Young people from 16yrs unable to cope with life worries and exam stress
- People who are suffering from the symptoms of Trauma, this can be anything from a car crash or the death of someone close to events in childhood causing difficulties in later life.
- People who are living with stress due to illness and the sense of loss of control and sadness this can incur
- People suffering from Fears, Phobias and Panic Disorders
- People living with a low self esteem and confidence, this may be due to their time of life or life events.
- People wanting to Quit Smoking(Hypnotherapy)
In addition I teach Mindfulness (MBSR/MBCT) to individuals who wish to learn; working within the National Guidelines for Teaching Mindfulness and I am currently training to teach Mindfulness to groups having been a practitioner since 2011.
My approach to each person who chooses my Therapy practice is to provide a non judgmental, confidential and compassionate environment in which to explore your difficulties and to find solutions and methods of recovery that are entirely individual to you. If it takes 2 sessions that is fine, if takes 12 or more that is fine. Unlike some organisational approaches we are not time limited.
So how do you go about contacting me and what should you expect? If you wish have a look at my website www.michellekrethlow.co.uk this will give you more information about my practice, but you are also welcome just to send me a text on 07890893000 or telephone me on 01245 443787 or alternatively email me via this website or via firstname.lastname@example.org. We can then briefly discuss the next steps. This usually involves making an introductory appointment where we discuss your needs in detail and decide if working together is the thing you want to do. There is deliberately no pressure at this first appointment, you need to find the right therapist for your own well being. If you decide to proceed; we then look at further appointments and I will draw up a treatment plan tailored to your individual needs. This is all discussed and agreed with you at the follow up appointment. All therapeutic progress is reviewed on a regular basis to ensure we are working to meet your goals, in fact I ask my clients if we have done what they wanted to work on at the end of every session.
Training, qualifications & experience
So my experience and qualifications are as follows:
- Diploma in Hynotherapy and Counselling (2009) Dip Hyp CS and Professional member of the National Hynotherapy Society (MHS)
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (2011) Ad Dip Cp and Accredited member of the National Counselling Society (MNCS(Accred))
- Certificate in Stress Management with ACMH (cert.SM)
- Masterclass in Anxiety, Panic and Phobias wit ACMH
- Training in working with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (2013)
- Insecure attachment and Trauma and loss in Children and Teenagers (conference)
- Treating Phobias with Cognitive Behaviourial Hypnotherapy (2014)
- Certificate in EMDR therapy and coaching. 3 Modules with supervision. (2015)
- Treating OCD (NCS workshop) (2016)
In addition to this list I am currently training to teach Mindfulness having completed the first stages with Bangor University.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Stress in Teenagers (16 - 20)
School related stress
My Fees are currently charged by the hour:
Smoking Cessation (2 Sessions) :
Private Mindfulness Tuition
Please apply for the rate.
My working hours are
Tuesday: 10.00 until 9.00pm
Wednesday :10.00 until 9.00pm
Thursday : 10.00 until 9.00pm
Last appointment is at 7.30pm
My practice is known at Krethlow Counselling or just please look up my name Michelle Krethlow Shaw on Google. I have a Blog as well as Website and Facebook page so please just have a look.