Michelle Carson BACP ADULT & CHILD COUNSELLOR
The Brentwood Clinic
31 Shenfield Road
Chelmsford Wellbeing Centre
13 Railway Street
07947972736 / 07947972736
Welcome to Time to Talk Essex Counselling
Clients tell me I'm very approachable and easy to talk to.
I put my heart and soul into my work and am a very passionate counsellor. I treat all my clients with honesty and respect. I help them to make sense of difficult life experiences that cause them stress and upset. Working together helps clients walk away lighter and freer and change their attitudes and behaviour. They learn to look at their thoughts rather than push them away. Deal with loss and sorrow in a more healthy way and couples learn to look at the positives in their relationships and communicate more easily.
In my experience, when people feel respected and accepted they are more able to think, feel and express themselves more deeply.
I offer clients Person Centred, Solution Focused, Couple Counselling, Mindfulness and Meditation.
COUNSELLING HELPS WITH
Anxiety and Depression Bereavement Loss
Couple Counselling Trauma/Anger Management
Personal Development Self-awareness
School Issues/Bullying. Divorce
Sleep Deprivation Abuse
What Happens During the First Session
Clients are offered a 1 hr assessment. This involves talking about why you want to come to counselling and what goals you want to achieve. It also gives an opportunity to discuss the way I work and to see if we can work together therapeutically.
- I have gained additional specialist training to work with children and young people from the age of 5-18 years of age and work within the BACP competence framework. I have working knowledge of safeguarding procedures and hold a current enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate and public liability insurance
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am a qualified person-centred adult, child and young person counsellor and hold a Dip. He in counselling (child and young person).
- I am a registered member of the British Association for counselling and psychotherapy and work with the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice 2016.
- I have worked for two years counselling children at Renew Counselling (Bridge Centre, Basildon) and still continue to do so.
- I have also worked for five years with foster care children for Thurrock Council and run my own business as a contact supervisor and do transport work for children in care.
- I have an enhanced DBS that is portable so can be easily checked.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
Photos & videos
Please phone or email to arrange an appointment with me.
Initial Assessment £50/£70 60min/90 min
Adult sessions £50 50 mins
Young People. £40 50 mins
Children. £40. 50 mins
Couples £60/70 60/90 mins
Extended sessions for 30 mins extra £20
Double Sessions for adults £80
If six weeks is booked and pre-paid I can give a 10% discount.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm Saturday 9am to 5pm
Types of client