I am a fully qualified Counsellor and a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy. I have a person-centred approach and believe that compassion, acceptance and trust are essential for successful therapy. You are the expert on yourself and with skilled help I believe you can achieve an amazing difference in how you deal with the trauma and unhappiness of problems in your daily life.
I provide a quiet and confidential space in the centre of Falmouth, where together we can explore the issues that you have to deal with in life and help you find resolution through compassion and personal exploration. For many, immersion in nature gives them the connection they need to access their natural selves and to see new perspectives. For those clients I offer outdoor walking and talking therapy in the Falmouth area.
Talking does make a difference, where the listener is empathic, non-judgemental and free from the influences of personal and work relationships. I offer a safe environment where problems can be discussed confidentially and openly.
I have many years experience of providing emotional and pastoral support to adults and young people in workplace, educational and home settings. I am also familiar with supporting those who may have a range of special needs. I have a warm, open and supportive nature, with a professional approach. I abide by the BACP code of ethics.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Person-centred Counselling and Therapy. Level 5. (Plymouth University) at Camborne College.
- BA (Hons). Public Administration. 2 - 2 (Teesside)
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy. Level 1.
- Supporting Attachment Difficulties in Children
- Childhood Grief.
- Understanding Appropriate Sexual Behaviours in Young People.
- Introduction to Systemic Family Therapy.
- Motivational Interviewing
- Basic Drug Awareness Training
- Young People Substance Awareness and Screening Training
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
£40.00 per hour.
£60.00 per hour for walking and talking therapy.
Discounts available for students aged 18 - 24.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Clients with mobility problems are welcome to contact me to discuss their needs.
Daytime with some evenings
Types of client