Michael Chamberlain MBACP, BSc (Hons)
Are you feeling stuck in life, unable to move forward? Do you want greater peace of mind and better mental health?
I can help.
As an experienced humanistic counsellor, I provide a safe, non-judgemental and confidential space where you can explore any difficulties you have.
I accept you’re the expert on you and that’s great! We’ll build a relationship that will help you feel free to share what you like without fear of judgement or rejection. Together we’ll create a way of working that’s as unique as you are (some of my clients have chosen to use imagery or music in the sessions) and I’ll do all I can to understand the things that matter to you.
I can help you with a range of issues including anxiety, depression and relationship difficulties. And I’m diverse-relationships friendly. Over the years I’ve seen many clients from the LGBT+ community and have worked with the families and carers of substance users.
But I’ve also had counselling myself, so I know it can be scary taking the plunge. Will he like me and accept me? What will he expect from me? Is he able to work with me?
Only you can decide. But if you do get in touch, I’ll make every effort to help you feel comfortable. And I’ll work with you to answer your questions and worries. You can get to know me better and make the right decision for you, with no pressure to continue.
If you would like to find out more about working together, I invite you to get in touch and arrange a free twenty-minute phone call. This will help you decide to get a feel for what I am like to work with and for me to be sure I can offer the support you need in addressing your concerns.
Regardless of if you choose to get in touch I hope you find what you need,
Training, qualifications & experience
My relevant qualifications are;
- Diploma in Humanistic Counselling from Chichester University
- BSc Hons Degree in Person-Centred Counselling
- Concerned Relatives Affected by Drug and/or Alcohol Use Counselling Training Course (Cranstoun)
- NCFE levels 1,2 and 3 in interpersonal skills, helping skills and counselling skills and theory respectively from City College Brighton and Hove, and Certificate of Proficiency from BACP
- Depression: A Compassionate View - CPD certificate from University of Derby
- Understanding Autism, Asperger's and ADHD - CPD certificate from University of Derby
I also hold a current DBS check
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Asperger's syndrome
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Impact of living with someone else's substance use and addiction.
Divorce and separation, impact on families.
LGBTQI, Polyamorous, BDSM and kink friendly.
Photos & videos
Free initial phone consultation.
50 minute sessions charged at £45.
Reduced rates available for trainee counsellors.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client