Melanie Lawrence Dip. Therapeutic counselling, MBACP
Everyone can find it difficult to cope at times, unresolved issues past or present can create stress, anxiety, depression....and may affect your day to day life.
Counselling can help you understand these issues more clearly, giving you the space to untangle the confusing, painful feelings and thoughts that may be causing you distress.
Sometimes it is difficult to know what is going on and you may not always have the words to express how you are feeling. Counselling can help you understand why you are feeling the way you are and can help you find the words you need to express what is going on.
It is important to find someone you feel comfortable with and who you can trust.
I am a caring, qualified and professional counsellor with a down to earth attitude and have experience of working successfully with many different issues. I provide a calm, safe and confidential space for you to talk about any troubling feelings or emotions. We will work together to explore different perspectives, possibilities and options depending on what you bring to counselling.
My counselling practice utilizes a variety of approaches based on the unique and individual needs of each client.
I am an integrated counsellor providing short or long term therapy in either English or German.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Relational Therapeutic Counselling (Integrative Psychodynamic and Person Centred).
Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP).
Training courses in: OCN level 3, working with drug users, ASSIST, self harm & suicide awareness, LGBT Affirmation Therapy, psychotherapeutic therapy, mindfulness, The theory & practice of sensorimotor psychotherapy.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
An Initial consultation is free and usually no more than 45 minutes.
This will give us the opportunity to answer each other's questions, allowing to meet without any obligation or commitment.
Regular weekly sessions last for 50 minutes at a cost of £40 per session
Counselling can help if you are:
- Feeling low and finding it difficult to cope with day to day life
- Suffering from depression or anxiety
- Have had a traumatic experience that is haunting you
- Experiencing low self-esteem and lack of confidence
- Feeling overwhelmed by life, distancing yourself from friends and family
- Issues related to personal or sexual identity
- Finding it difficult to sleep, having intrusive thoughts racing through your mind
- Have lost someone or have lost part of yourself
- Struggling with personal relationships, a breakup
- Feeling hopeless and stuck, not knowing a way out
- Suffering from physical or mental illnesses
- In need of support through a difficult time
- Making an important decision
- Struggling to deal with change, life transitions
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evenings and Saturday appointments available
Types of client