BA (Hons) Relationships, Anxiety and Depression Specialist
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT I AM NOW WORKING EXCLUSIVELY ONLINE.
I don’t underestimate how difficult it is to begin this process, I would imagine that all the choice and terminology you have been presented with thus far may feel a little overwhelming.
The simplest and most valuable piece of guidance that I can give you at this stage would be to select a counsellor that you feel drawn to (even if that person is not me). The therapeutic relationship will underpin the success of any counselling journey you embark upon, and sometimes you may find yourself having to do some searching in order to find the person and approach that is right for you.
If you were to choose me to be your counsellor then I can provide you with a safe, comfortable and therapeutic space to explore what may be causing or maintaining the difficulties you are experiencing. I have a supportive, non- judgemental and empathic disposition and pride myself on being able to quickly establish trusting relationships with my clients.
Where appropriate, I may feel it necessary to challenge you or invite you to consider an alternative interpretation of your thoughts and experiences. In my experience, feedback and the proposal of different perspectives can help to facilitate insight and awareness, which is usually a significant contributor towards change. I can support you to reflect upon your own position on both a conscious and unconscious level, and encourage you to consider how you or others around you may be contributing towards your difficulties.
Counselling is a very collaborative process and I recognise that YOU are the expert on your own life. I would always encourage regular reviews throughout our work together, to ensure that you feel confident it is heading in the direction you want and need.
I will also be very honest about what I feel is ethically within my remit to support you with. Should you require more specialist input that I feel steps outside my expertise, then I will offer some guidance on signposting or recommendations for different professionals/services available.
I offer professional counselling services to both couples and individuals. Sessions are available on a weekday or evening, and to ensure maximum therapeutic benefit, usually take place on a weekly or fortnightly basis. Alternative durations may also be available upon mutual agreement, but in order to prioritise your welfare, this would need to be discussed.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more information, then please contact me to arrange your FREE telephone consultation. Please note that you are under no obligation to book a session following this.
Training, qualifications & experience
Experience Training and Qualifications
- The foundation of my training and work experience is with RELATE Derbyshire.
- BA Hons Degree in Counselling Solutions (First Class)
- Diploma in Relationship Counselling (RELATE)
- Couple Therapy for Depression (IAPT Tavistock)
- Children’s Counselling 5-11yrs (Relate)
- Various CPD courses and workshops (ongoing professional development)
I am an integrative counsellor, which means that I can utilise a mix of theories and interventions to best suit your individual needs. My aim is to identify something that is meaningful to you, that makes sense and that you connect with. These will include;
- Solution Focused
- Motivational Interviewing
- Narrative therapy
Examples of areas I can support you with
- Have you or your partner been involved in an emotional or sexual affair?
- Is jealousy or mistrust impacting on you or the relationship with your partner?
- Do you feel that you argue all the time? Has communication broken down?
- Do you long for more affection, love and intimacy?
- Do you or your partner feel that you no longer understand each other?
- Do you want insight into your own or your partners behaviour?
- Are external stressors impacting on you or your partners relationship? IE a new baby, clash of parenting style, relationships with parents, in laws or friends?
- Are you struggling to adjust to life transitions (new parent, retiring etc)?
- Are you struggling with multiple or specific anxieties?
- Are your responsibilities causing you stress or worry?
- Have you been experiencing low mood, reduced motivation or sadness?
- Do you need to repair confidence or self-esteem?
- Do you want to learn how to become more assertive and maintain appropriate boundaries with those around you?
- Do you feel stuck in a pattern of behaviour that you are unsure how to break away from?
- Have you stopped prioritising your relationship?
- Are you uncertain if you still want to be in a relationship with your partner?
- Perhaps you have decided the relationship will end but you need support to agree boundaries and conditions surrounding the split?
- Do you want to make changes in your relationship but are unsure where to begin?
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£60.00 per session
- All sessions (individual or couple) are charged at £60 per 60 minutes
- Please note that payments are taken in advance of each session
- 48 Hours notice is required for cancellations in order to avoid any charge.
When I work
Various weekday and evening slots available for face to face appointments, video calls and telephone appointments.
- Counselling services can be provided to adults or couples over the age of 18.
- If there is anything I can do to help ease any anxiety you may be feeling about your first appointment, then please do not hesitate to let me know.
- A counselling agreement detailing terms and conditions will need to be read and signed by all parties ahead of the first session.
- I am fully insured and a registered member of the BACP.