Marta Zastepowska, specialising in CBT (BABCP accredited), PgDip in CBT
6B Church Street
Thank you for visiting my profile.
My name is Marta and I am an experienced and accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist. I hold a Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy and I am accredited with the British Association of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies (BABCP). In addition I have a Master's Degree in Clinical Psychology.
My interest in psychotherapy/counselling started while working within the forensic field and using cognitive behavioural principles to assist clients in taking responsibility for their behaviour and to implement changes. Working across a variety of settings enabled me to acquire an in-depth understanding of mental health issues and clients' unique treatment needs. I am primarily drawn to cognitive behavioural therapy model in relation to the experience of the here and now. However, my work is also underpinned by elements of Compassion Focused Therapy, Mindfulness or Schema Therapy, counselling, as I firmly believe that there is no one size that fits all within therapy context, therefore the approaches I apply are flexible. My approach is person-centered and integrative.
As a psychotherapist I worked with a broad range of complex issues. These issues have included the following:
- generalised anxiety disorder (GAD) and stress-related difficulties
- depression (including postnatal depression - PND)
- panic disorder
- obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- health anxiety
- social anxiety
- anger management and irritability; behaviour problems
- personality disorder; borderline personality disorder
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); trauma
- low self-esteem (including identity issues); low self-confidence
- issues with managing strong emotions
- relationship problems, affairs and betrayals, separation and divorce, family issues, etc.
- seasonal affective disorder (sad)
- abuse; sexual abuse; emotional abuse; physical abuse
- work-related stress; career
- suicidal thoughts; self-harm
- body dysmorphic disorder
- passive aggressive behaviour
I am committed to providing psychotherapy sessions in a safe, confidential and non-judgemental environment.
Training, qualifications & experience
Masters of Science in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (BABCP Fully Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist)
Masters of Science in Psychology
I am a BABCP Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist with special interests in Mindfulness and Compassion Focused Therapy.
I have the extensive experience working across the National Health Service (NHS) including: primary setting, such as IAPT (Talking Therapies) - both as full-time and locum psychotherapist; secondary care, such Community Mental Health Team and tertiary care, including forensic mental health services. I also currently provide online and telephone CBT sessions.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Photos & videos
Please contact me once you decide to have your initial assessment session or if you have any queries. All initial enquiries can be made over the telephone or email, please see my contact details at the top of my profile. There is no obligation to continue treatment after the initial consultation.
You can book an appointment by phone or email.
Telephone number can be found at the top of my profile.
If I cannot answer your call please leave a message and I will call you back.
Email me using the email me feature at the top of my profile.
Fees for sessions are negotiable which is intended to take into account individual circumstances including income and affordability. Reduced rates are also available.
Fees are payable in advance for the initial assessment appointment and all following appointments thereafter.
All appointments last for 50 minutes in accordance with BABCP guidelines however assessment session may take a bit longer.
Payment in advance required for all appointments.
To find out about fees via insurance companies or solicitors please contact me to discuss. (Fees vary dependent upon individual billing and payment systems)
- Perhaps you require any further information from me, please visit my website ( www.empoweryoutherapy.co.uk ) at the top of my profile for information on FAQs.
- I offer a complimentary 15 minute phone call to prospective clients.
- Please contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 07450745579
- Please note, I provide therapy in the following areas: READING, BASINGSTOKE & WOKINGHAM
- I am willing to offer Skype or Telephone sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
please contact me to discuss availability
Types of client