Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
I am a reputable, caring, and professional practitioner. I am a trained and qualified accredited integrative counsellor trained in various approaches such as systemic, solution-focused, person-centred and CBT. I also hold a Post Graduate Diploma in Systemic Psychotherapy trained at the University of South Wales, Family Institute, Treforest.
I have been a teacher in a secondary school for over 20 years. During this time, I have had the privilege of working therapeutically with both pupils and staff, individually and as groups. In my counselling role I have effectively supported clients who have experienced many challenges such as; trauma, grief, sexual abuse, anxiety, depression and self-esteem issues. My approach to my client work is influenced by my compassion, empathic responses and my systemic curiosity whilst providing a safe, confidential space to explore what brings them to the therapy room.
From a parent of a teenage girl.
Little do you know that 3 years ago when you did your mental health assembly, how much courage you gave ………. to reach out for support. That was such a positive turning point in her life, after quite a few years of feeling "different" and miserable in school. She said every thing you said in that assembly, related to her and convinced her that you would totally understand if she opened up to you. That first step led on to CBT and her beginning her journey of recognising and managing her OCD and anxieties. So, knowing you were there for her to offer her a reassuring open door, where you didn't need to ask, but just said lets have a cuppa ………. is what makes you so fantastic.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Systemic Psychotherapy (Level 7)
- Diploma Integrative counselling skills (Level 5)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Secondary Education
- BA Hons in Sport and Human Movement Studies
- ASIST: Applied suicide intervention skills training.
- Temenos Foundation Certificate in Bereavement Counselling
- ACTO: association for counselling and therapy on line. Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling
- Trauma informed practice
- Systemic practice in educational settings
- Counselling clients in substance misuse
- Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Treating intrusive thoughts and the inner critical voice
- Mindfulness Curriculum
- Using Trauma-informed grounding techniques
- Suicide: How to support during crisis moments
- Dialogues in family therapy: trust and creativity in times of constraints and control
- 6 years supporting pupils wellbeing in a secondary school
- Volunteering with Action for Children as part of a pilot project for family therapy
- Volunteering with Ty Elis Porthcawl
- Established Male Mental Health Ambassadors in a secondary school
- Volunteered with an organisation in Cardiff.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society (NCS)
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£55.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
I offer a free 20 minute telephone consultation to see if we are a good fit.
Session fees: £55 for 50 minutes face-to-face/telephone/zoom.
Student counsellors concessionary rates available (limited spaces available)
When I work
I work evening and weekends, ideal for clients who are unavailable during the working week.
I offer, face to face, online and telephone appointments. Evening and weekend appointments are available for clients who work during the weekdays.
I am passionate about promoting positive male mental health as this is an area that I feel is often overlooked. Over the past year, I have worked on a project within a secondary school promoting positive male mental health, and as a result, the school now has seven male mental health ambassadors. Our motto is "it's good to talk".
Currently, I am part of an exciting new pilot project for family therapy working with Action for Children.