Maria Russo - Counselling & Psychotherapy, BA (Hons) MBACP
51-53 High Street
Life can be challenging at times and you may feel depressed, anxious, stressed or that everything is getting on top of you.
I can offer you a safe, private and confidential environment where you can talk freely about your concerns and worries, without being judged or criticised.
My name is Maria and I am a Transactional Analysis therapist who believes that everyone in life is worth it and has the capabilities to find options and achieve change.
Through a joint psychotherapeutic process, I will help you to explore feelings, thoughts and analyse your past experiences, working together to find solutions for the challenges you face.
I offer counselling support to individuals, couples, families or groups from 18 years old onwards on a variety of issues:
- panic attacks
- low self-esteem
- rape or sexual abuse
- manic depression
- bipolar disorders
- eating disorders
- bullying and domestic violence
- sexual orientation
- relationship counselling
- affairs and betrayals
- separation and divorce
- anger management
- pet bereavement
- post-traumatic stress disorder
I provide specialist support to survivors of rape and sexual abuse during their healing process and have specific experience working with young people age 18-24.
I offer you:
- A passionate focus in helping you to achieve you best potential
- A realistic approach on searching for long term solutions whilst achieving measurable results as quickly as possible
- A supportive attitude where you and I work together in partnership to achieve change
- A commitment to using tools and therapeutic approaches tailored to suit your specific situations
- Flexible schedule, to fit your individual needs. Timing and locations of the therapy sessions will be agreed and can be adapted as your needs change
- An enthusiastic qualified therapist interested in continuous learning.
I offer counselling in the area of North Hants, Fleet, Odiham, Hook, Hartley Wintney, Yateley and surrounding areas, as well as Lighwater, Ascot, Sunningdale, Bagshot, Camberley, Frimley, Farnborough, Guildford, Godalming and surrounding Surrey areas.
I can provide a flexible schedule, including evenings and Saturday morning and in locations within very easy reach from the M3, A30 and A3.
Wheelchair access is available in Lightwater and Guildford.
You can contact me via Email or on 07816517913 to discuss your needs.
Transactional Analysis (Berne, 1910-1970) is the main theory supporting my therapeutic approach, “a theory of personality and a systematic psychotherapy for personal growth and personal change” (Stewart & Joines, 1997).
TA is a talking therapy where sessions are used to explore your personality and how your experiences, especially in childhood, shaped it.
TA is based on the theory that each person has three Ego-States (Parent, Adult and Child) that influence how people function, express themselves and interact with others. It is recognised as a modern form of psychology that incorporates elements of humanistic, person centred, integrative, psychodynamic therapies into a very versatile therapy that can help on a vast range of issues and problems, in treatment of all types of psychological disorders, from everyday living problems to severe psychosis.
You and I would work directly on here and now, addressing and solving problematic behaviours, helping you to find solution with the ultimate goal to ensure you regain absolute autonomy over your life.
I combine TA with the Re-decision therapy (Goulding & Goulding, 1917-1992) in a hybrid of Gestalt and TA that helps clients achieve a change in emotions and behaviours that counteract old decisions.
I use a variety of tools and creative techniques to help you to improve your life and to live it more fully.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and of the Hampshire Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (HACP).
I hold a BA (Hons) Degree in Humanistic Counselling based on Transactional Analysis course, accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and validated by the University of Middlesex, as well as a Foundation Degree in Humanistic Counselling based on Transactional Analysis, accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and validated by the University of Middlesex
My approach is Humanistic, Person Centred, Gestalt, Psychodynamic, I specialise and particularly focus on Transactional Analysis.
I also hold the following certificates:
- L2 Certificate in Introduction to Counselling (CPCAB)
- L2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (CPCAB)
- L3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (CPCAB)
- Certificate of Transactional Analysis 101 from ITA(Institute of Transactional Analysis)
I hold a Diploma in Psychology of Human Development.
I have worked for an organisation that helps homeless young people and am currently supporting survivors of rape and sexual abuse and domestic violence.
I can work in English and Italian language.
The ethical guidelines that underpin my work are defined by the BACP (http://www.bacp.co.uk/about_bacp/).
I am committed to improving the quality of my service by attending regular one to one or group supervision sessions and participating regularly to specific workshops and training courses.
The Continual Professional Development workshops attended are the following:
- Animal Assisted Therapy(AAT) on going
- Attachment and Loss
- Body Psychotherapy Dissociation
- Companion Animal loss
- Domestic Abuse
- Drugs and Alcohol Abuse
- Loss and Grief
- Mental Health Awareness
- Psychosexual Therapy
- Working Creatively
- Working with Suicide and Self Harm
- Working with Shame
- Group Therapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Fees (depending on time and location)
From £50 individual session.
From £70 couple counselling.
First session will be one hour.
The number of sessions I offer depends on the individual needs. This can be discussed and agreed in the first session.
Concessions can be agreed in special circumstances.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer several locations around Surrey and North Hants and flexible times, including evenings and Saturday mornings. I also offer on line counselling via Skype or FaceTime.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|