Maria Luisa Urey Counsellor and Child Therapist MBACP Registered
Better Care Clinic
53 Queens Road
13 Chiltern House
81 High Street
Sometimes we need someone to simply be there to listen...
Hello, My name is Luisa And I’m a fully qualified integrative counsellor at Vocalise Counselling Therapy.
Life may throw many challenges and leave you feeling overwhelmed, experiencing anxiety, unhappiness, confusion and feeling disconnected or isolated from family or loved ones. Talking therapy helps when you’re having a difficult time and seeking emotional support. Counselling and being supported holistically enables positive changes, emotional resilience in order to manage stress and experience improved emotional wellbeing.
Drawing on 20 years personal experience working with adults and children in varied settings, I offer a tranquil safe haven to heal and grow and process your emotions, feelings in order to make sense of thoughts from lovely therapy rooms at the Bettercare Clinic Queens Road in central Watford.near the Intu shopping centre.
My counselling experience and Training is extensive in working with:-
- Adults and Families
- Children and young people.
- Trauma Counselling
- I see clients In Watford, Tring and Dunstable
What vocalise Counselling offers you...
I place a great emphasis on empathy, compassion and warmth, I am someone who straight talking and is friendly approachable and offers you a safe space to share how your feeling.
I am incredibly passionate about working with Adults, Children, adolescents and families seeking guidance with issues such as low self-esteem, anxiety, anger issues, struggling after divorce or family break down, experiencing Domestic Abuse or needing support with social difficulties such as ASD, Dyspraxia, ADD, ADHD, learning difficulties, Child Bullying, friendship issues. so understand the many pressures parents may face in balancing family life with work and home life.
I offer 30 minutes telephone consultation to discuss your current concerns and explore what you hope to change or overcome from having counselling.
I see both male and females clients, both long and short-term.
The Counselling is tailored and centred around your individual needs and expectations.
I am a BACP registered Integrative Counsellor. This means I combine multiple therapeutic techniques, approaches, including the Person-Centred Approach, Transactional Analysis, Humanistic theories, CBT and Creative Therapy to support you (each session Is up to 50 minutes dependent on age)
Support for young people and children
Initially, I offer an assessment to discuss if the child is experiencing any social difficulties, anxiety, anger issues or behavioural issues in school or at home
Together we discuss a plan of what support can be offered and if you're are happy to continue, at a time and place mutually agreed the Child will be offered 1to1 support.
I work using creative resources and Interventions, Parents are invited to wait during the session in the waiting room. (The session lasts up to 50 minutes depending on the child’s age)
It's ok to not feel okay
Why not call or email me today, the first step towards getting the support your seeking...
either call , visit my website @ Better care clinic page or visit my Facebook page.
"Luisa is someone who is empathetic and trustworthy, who enabled me to take the first step to make life changes and start to feel like my old self again"
"I am able to cope with life"
"Luisa supported me through a very difficult time and gave me strategies that have been really helpful when I went through further difficulties. I felt safe in her environment and always felt emotionally lighter after my sessions"
For further information please contact me in total confidence
Training, qualifications & experience
I am currently a Play therapist, an Adult counsellor at Willow Therapy in Tring and Challenging behaviours therapy in Dunstable alongside my private practice.
I previously co-ordinated Leavesden Children Centre Counselling Service working with Adults with mental health issues, vulnerable adults and their families - and experiencing relationship difficulties, domestic violence, postnatal depression, anger issues and anxiety disorder.
And worked as Child Therapist for Kings Langley Pupil Support Service, providing emotional support, counselling and mentoring to children experiencing mental health difficulties in 6 schools around Hertfordshire before settling up in private practice.
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (QCF).
- BACP Certificate in Proficiency.
- Counselling Children and Young People certificate.
- ADHD & Autism Support.
- Anger management Training.
- Self-harm- Mind Training.
- Grief Training - Open-Toy Box.
- PODS DID and Dissociation: The Fundamentals.
- KCA Associates Vulnerability, Trauma and Recovery.
- re-wind technique certificate
- Certificate in working with couples
- National Centre for Domestic Violence – Domestic Violence Training.
- Herts Community Safety Unit - Domestic Abuse, Honour Based Abuse /Forced Marriage.
- P2be/ Herts safeguard board Safeguarding Children Training.
- NSPCC-Child Protection level 2.
- Suicide and Risk Assessment Training at Herts-rite.
- Protective Behaviour Training HGFL.
- Attachment and Brain Neuroscience Training five to thrive
- Separation Anxiety Disorder (SAD)Training Cahms
- Couple Counselling Training (Counselling academy)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Photos & videos
- Free 30 min telephone assessment.
- Adult Counselling £50-£60 Monday-Friday
- Adult trauma Counselling £60-£70 Monday-Friday
- Adult Phone Counselling £50 (evenings & Weekends)
- Child sessions £60-£70 or £300 for 5 sessions
- Couples therapy £60
The session must be paid in advance, Please note I have a 48-hour cancellation policy, Concession rates are available to students, or low waged.
I work from the Bettercare Clinic close to the Intu shopping centre in central Watford on the Queens Road.
My practice Vocalise Therapy can be found at http://www.bettercareclinic.co.uk/y in central Watford, where parking is available. I also freelance in schools and in the Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire area.
- I am a registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)and abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice and Date protection.
- I am fully insured and police checked and hold an enhanced DBS.
- English and Italian speaker.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 9am-5pm, weekends 9am-3pm
Types of client