Maria Luisa Urey - Counsellor, Supervisor MBACP Registered
Sometimes we need someone to simply be there to listen...
Hello, my name is Luisa and I’m a BACP registered integrative counsellor and supervisor for Vocalise Counselling Therapy. This means I combine multiple therapeutic techniques, approaches, including the Person-Centred Approach, Transactional Analysis, Humanistic theories, CBT and Creative Therapy to support you.
Life can feel to much ! it may leave you experiencing anxiety and panic over managing stressful situations ,it maybe that you feel disconnected and isolated from loved ones or friends. Counselling helps to Overcome challenging situations by enabling you to explore what is troubling you and gives you someone to share your fears and worries with without judgement , Counselling enables you to experience positive changes, promotes emotional wellness and resilience and reduces stress and improves your emotional wellbeing.
Drawing on 20 years experience working with both adults and children in various settings, I offer you a tranquil safe haven to heal and grow and process your emotions, feelings and to make sense of thoughts from the lovely therapy rooms at the Bettercare Clinic, on Queens Road found in central Watford near the Intu shopping centre.
My counselling experience and training is extensive in working with:
- Adults and Families
- Children and young people.
- Adult Trauma Counselling
- I see clients in Watford , Rickmansworth, Northwood, and Dunstable
What Vocalise Counselling offers you...
I place a great emphasis on empathy and kindness and compassion, I am someone who’s straight talking, friendly, approachable. I offer you a private safe space to share your feelings.
I am incredibly warm, friendly and passionate about working with both Adults, Children/ teens, families seeking guidance with issues such as low self-esteem, anxiety, anger issues, struggling at school or after divorce or separation, living with PTSD, traumatic experiences, domestic abuse or seeking support with social difficulties such as ASD, Dyspraxia, ADD, ADHD or learning difficulties, bullying and friendship issues. I understand the many pressures parents may face in balancing family life with work and home life.
I offer a free 30 minute telephone consultation to discuss your current concerns and explore what you hope to change or overcome from having counselling. I see both male and females clients, both long and short-term.
The counselling is tailored and centred around your individual needs and expectations.
It's ok to not feel okay
Why not call or email me today to arrange a free initial telephone consultation. This is the first step towards getting the support you're seeking.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (QCF).
- BACP Certificate in Proficiency.
- Counselling Children and Young People certificate.
- ADHD & Autism Support.
- Anger management Training.
- Self-harm- Mind Training.
- Grief Training - Open-Toy Box.
- PODS DID and Dissociation: The Fundamentals.
- KCA Associates Vulnerability, Trauma and Recovery.
- re-wind technique certificate
- Certificate in working with couples
- OCN Certificate in Counselling supervision
- National Centre for Domestic Violence – Domestic Violence Training.
- Herts Community Safety Unit - Domestic Abuse, Honour Based Abuse /Forced Marriage.
- P2be/ Herts safeguard board Safeguarding Children Training.
- NSPCC-Child Protection level 2.
- Suicide and Risk Assessment Training at Herts-rite.
- Protective Behaviour Training HGFL.
- Attachment and Brain Neuroscience Training five to thrive
- Separation Anxiety Disorder (SAD)Training Cahms
I freelance as a Counsellor at Challenging behaviours Therapy in Dunstable alongside my private practice.
I previously co-ordinated Leavesden Children Centre Counselling Service working with Adults and their families - experiencing mental health issues, relationship difficulties, domestic violence, postnatal depression, anger issues and anxiety disorder. I also recently worked as a Child Therapist for Kings Langley Pupil Support Service, providing emotional support, counselling and mentoring to children experiencing mental health difficulties in 6 schools around Hertfordshire before settling up in private practice.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
Photos & videos
- Free 30 min telephone assessment.
- Adult Counselling £50-£60
- Adult trauma Counselling £60
- Adult Phone Counselling £50 (evenings & Weekends)
- Child Counselling sessions £50-£70 or £300 for 5 sessions
- Couples therapy £70
The session must be paid in advance. Please note I have a 48-hour cancellation policy, Concession rates are available to students, or low waged.
I work from the Bettercare Clinic close to the Intu shopping centre in central Watford on the Queens Road.
My practice Vocalise Therapy can be found at http://www.bettercareclinic.co.uk/y in central Watford, where parking is available. I also freelance in schools and in the Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire area.
- I am a registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)and abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice and Date protection.
- I am fully insured and police checked and hold an enhanced DBS.
- English and Italian speaker.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 9am-5pm, weekends 9am-3pm
Types of client
Supervision & training
My name is Luisa and I am integrative supervisor trained in several modalities including the Person-centred approach, humanistic approach, CBT, Psychodynamic , TA and Gestalt theory .