Maria Luisa Urey Counsellor and Child Therapist MBACP Registered
Sometimes we need someone to simply be there...
A warm welcome...
Life can throw us many challenges, sometimes leaving us feeling alone and confused.
There is often no single reason why people seek support from a counsellor. Sometimes it can be one specific life event such as separation, a family issue or relationship breakdown – other times multiple things such as living with a traumatic experience or long-term, low self-worth.
Perhaps you’re struggling to manage stress that can leave you wanting to get help and feeling overwhelmed or lost. Speaking to someone unconnected and who's primary aim is to help and support you can help make sense of whats happening.
Coming to terms with what you’re feeling and how you have been affected during difficult times I know is hard - and this is why I want to offer you a safe space without judgement or pressure; a safe haven to heal, grow and feel happiness again in total confidence.
What I offer
Firstly, I offer a free telephone assessment where we can discuss your current issues and areas of difficulties, we can talk about what you hope to gain from counselling and you can decide if you want to book your first appointment. I offer long or short-term therapy working with you the client using different therapeutic approaches.
My Name is Luisa, I am registered Integrative Counsellor. This means I may combine several theories including Person-Centred Approach, Transactional Analyst, Humanistic, CBT, Creative Therapy and Play Therapy into each session (each Therapy session lasting up to 50 minutes).
I have successfully worked with many adults, children and young people over several years to address their fears and life issues and to start feeling like their old selves again!
Counselling can help you to...
- Feel calmer, improve your distress and feel more content.
- Identify conflicts, difficulties and make changes.
- Manage feelings of depression and anxiety.
- Build happier and healthy relationships with others.
- Handle anger issues and stress.
- Overcome traumatic experiences by developing improved coping skills.
- Move on from social anxiety and negative feeling.
Vocalise Counselling Service - "It's ok to not be okay - whatever your problem, talking to someone can make the difference"
What to expect from young people and Child Therapy
I meet parent to discuss Child issues and impact on family life, we make a plan of what support is needed and I offer individual short-term therapy sessions and review work with parents, this enables us to work together to benefit your Child.
My practice Vocalise Therapy can be found at http://www.bettercareclinic.co.uk/y in central Watford, close to Intu Watford and parking. I also work mobile, in schools and around the Hertfordshire and Bucks area.
Why not call or email today to take the first step towards feeling yourself again
If you would like more information Please feel free to visit my website, clinic and my Facebook page
I look forward to hearing from You
"Luisa is someone who is empathetic and trustworthy, who enabled me to take the first step to make life changes and start to feel like my old self again"
"I am able to cope with life"
"Luisa supported me through a very difficult time and gave me strategies that have been really helpful when I went through further difficulties. I felt safe in her environment and always felt emotionally lighter after my sessions"
For further information please contact me in total confidence for an informal chat to discuss your needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
I work with trauma offering support to come to terms with traumatic events; exploring triggers and developing coping-skills in dealing with bullying, PTSD, child neglect and abuse.
I support in developing coping skills, exploring ways of breaking patterns of behaviour so the individual doesn't become a victim and understands triggers to anger, anxiety or stress.
I previously co-ordinated Leavesden Children Centre Counselling Service specialising in working with Adults with mental health issues, vulnerable adults and their families - and people experiencing relationship difficulties, domestic violence, postnatal depression, anger issues and anxiety disorder.
As an experienced Integrative (MBACP) Counsellor/Child Therapist, I previously worked for Kings Langley Pupil Support Service. I provided counselling and mentoring to children experiencing difficulties in 6 schools around Hertfordshire. I helped children manage their anxiety disorders while developing coping strategies, emotional well-being and managing feelings of anger or anxiety, development, ADHD and Autism.
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (QCF).
- BACP Certificate in Proficiency.
- Counselling Children and Young People certificate.
- ADHD & Autism Support.
- Anger management Training.
- Self-harm- Mind Training.
- Grief Training - Open-Toy Box.
- PODS DID and Dissociation: The Fundamentals.
- KCA Associates Vulnerability, Trauma and Recovery.
- National Centre for Domestic Violence – Domestic Violence Training.
- Herts Community Safety Unit - Domestic Abuse, Honour Based Abuse /Forced Marriage.
- P2be-Safeguarding Children Training.
- NSPCC-Child Protection level 2.
- Suicide and Risk Assessment Training at Herts-rite.
- Protective Behaviour Training HGFL.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Photos & videos
- Free 30 min telephone assessment
- Counselling (50 minutes) £45 or £230 (Monday-Friday )
- Facetime /Zoom /Messenger £45-55 evenings & Weekends)
- Phone £45 per session - (50 minutes)
- Play therapy £55 per session or £250 for 5 sessions (lasts up to 50 minutes age dependent)
Finding time for counselling with our increasingly hectic work schedules and family life can be difficult to manage, so I happy to offer Phones and video sessions if required on evenings and weekends and in day times.
How to arrange virtual counselling
I will invite you to a confidential phone assessment, after scheduling a time and place and talking through any concerns and practical issues you may have, once a payment is made. the virtual meeting is arranged and sessions are offered for 50 minutes.
these sessions follow Bacp ethical guidelines on confidentiality and data protection ,
* session need to be paid in advance, Please note I have a 24-hour cancellation policy, Concession rates available
Please call or email me to book an assessment
I am a registered Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
and abide by BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice and Date protection.
I am fully insured and police checked and hold an enhanced DBS.
English and Italian speaker.
better care clinic is assessable friendly and able to support mobility issues
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 9am-5pm, weekends 9am-3pm
Types of client