Maria Luisa Urey MBACP
Hello and welcome to vocalise Counselling service. my name is Luisa and I am a fully trained counsellor and therapist with experience of working with both adults and children. Within the safe environment of the Bettercare Clinic rooms in central Watford, I can provide a service of counselling support in a professional and private space. I specialise in helping adults and children to address feelings of anxiety ,depressed, anger or low self-esteem to gain control of their life again. Taking the first step towards seeking support is often the hardest. after the initial consultation to assess where the problem lie, I am to work in partnership with you the client to help build self confidence,happiness and re-gain control. Why not call today to take the first step towards feeling yourself again?
I can help to:
- Identify and explore difficulties,
- manage overwelming feelings and anxieties.
- Build better relationships
- Learn more effective ways of communicating.
- Handle anger issues, stress and challenges by recognising triggers.
- Develop simple strategies to cope with problems, pressure.
- Improve your self-esteem self-worth and feel happier.
- overcome traumatic events and move on from traumatic experiences.
Vocalise Counselling Service "its ok to not be okay~ whatever your problem, talking to someone can make the difference"
What I offer:
- Free telephone assessment to discuss what you need
- 50 minutes session in a safe and tranquil space conveniently located in central Watford
- Long and short term sessions available
- Bespoke Support based on your needs
- Help to develop coping skills without pressure or judgement.
- I am trained as an Integrative Counsellor, which means I use in several therapeutic approaches including Person-Centred Approach and CBT and combine other therapeutic disciplines into this creative therapy,
- I have successfully helped many local adults, children and young people to address their fears and life issues and start feeling like there old self again! Experiencing better self-esteem and less anxiety in their home life's and in there relationships.
- I have 20 years experience in working with children and adults in the caring profession as a Nursery Nurse and specialist knowledge and experience in working with individuals with additional needs and health concerns.
As an experienced integrative (MBACP) Counsellor/Children Therapist I previously worked for Kings Langley Pupil Support Service. I provided counselling and mentoring to children in 6 schools around Hertfordshire, experiencing difficulties at school or with behaviour issues. I helped children to manage their emotional well-being and feelings of anger or anxiety. I have successfully supported many children experiencing bullying, abuse and post traumatic stress, or self harming or on the Autistic spectrum to overcome anxieties, traumatic feelings and develop improved self-esteem and skills to manage challenges.
I previously co-ordinated Leavesden Children Centre Counselling Service, specialising in working with vulnerable families experiencing martial issues and relationship difficulties, post natal depression and anxiety or depression, domestic violence and loss.
Please see links below to my website, clinic and my Facebook page
"Luisa is someone who is empathetic and trustworthy, who enable me to take the first step to make life changes and start to feel like my old-self again"
"I am able to cope with life"
"Luisa supported me through a very difficult time and gave me strategies that have been really helpful when I went through further difficulties. I felt safe in her environment and always felt emotionally lighter after my sessions"
For further information please contact me in total confidence for a informal chat to discuss your needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Certificate in Proficiency
- Counselling Children and Young People Training
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (QCF)
- ABC Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- ABC Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CACHE Diploma in pre-school Practice
- KCA Associates Vulnerability, Trauma and Recovery
- KCA Associates Attachment, Trauma and Resilience:
- KCA Associates Promoting learning for vulnerable children
- KCA Associates Baby development and positive parenting
- ADHD & Autism Support
- play therapy Intro - Amersham & Wycombe college
- P2be- Safeguarding Children Training
- National Centre for Domestic Violence – Domestic Violence Training,
- Herts Community Safety Unit - Domestic Abuse, Honour Based Abuse /Forced Marriage
- Safe Guarding Board- Graded Care- Neglect Assessment tool Training
- NSPCC Child Protection
- APAC Intro. to Play Therapy training /Open toy box 3 day training
- Self harm- Mind training.
- Open toy-box -Play Therapy Training
- Anger management Training.
- Suidicide and Risk Assessment Training at herts rite
- Protective Behaviour Training HGFL
- Child Protection Herts Safety Board
- Grief Training - Open-Toy Box.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Photos & videos
Initial face to face assessment - £30 for a 30 minutes appointment with no obligation
- Individual: Counselling (Face to Face) £45 or £400 for 10 sessions (Monday-Friday daytime)
- Face time/Skype/Messenger £50 Evening & Weekends
- Phone £45 per session- lasts 50 minutes
- Play therapy £50 per session or £ 470 for 10 sessions (lasts up to 50 minutes age dependent)
Reduced rates available for students and in special circumstances.
I am a registered Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
I abide by BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy, which I adhere to so that I provide an ethical and professional service.
I attend regular supervision to ensure that I offer the best practice to individuals who use my services and I am fully insured and policed checked with enhanced DBS.
Parking is available at my practice in Watford.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 9 - 5pm Evening apps considered / Weekends 9-3 pm
Types of client