Maria Luisa Urey - MBACP Supervisor, Counsellor adults & children
Sometimes we need someone to simply be there to listen...
Hello, I am Luisa and I’m a BACP registered integrative adult and child counsellor and clinical supervisor for Vocalise Counselling
In stressful times, It’s understandable to be experiencing overwhelming thoughts of anxiety, depression, or frustration as a direct result of the pandemic whether your a child, adult, or Teenager.
I am available to offer trauma focused support to frontline workers, adults or children.
Children and teens may struggle with anxiety of not getting the results they may have wanted, their study and learning being affected or possibly missing out on university or having anxiety returning to school or university.
I am seeing an increase of children Adults having difficulty sleeping or managing their anxieties and experiencing panic attacks, parents becoming frustrated by their children's use of social media or technology, this is something I can support you with.
Vocalise can support you, I am seeing clients face to face or from the comfort of your home by phone or zoom.
Counseling enables you to experience positive changes, promotes emotional wellness, and promotes self -care and reduces your stress and improves resilience and emotional health.
As a Integrative Counsellor / supervisor I combines multiple therapeutic techniques and approaches, including the Person-Centred Approach, CBT, Transactional Analysis, Humanistic theories, and Creative Therapy to support you.
I offer you a tranquil space to heal and grow and process your emotions, feelings and from the lovely therapy rooms at the Bettercare Clinic, on Queens Road found in central Watford near the Intu shopping centre
clinic rooms offers a calm and relaxing safe space with someone who you can privately share your fears and worries without feeling any judgment.
Drawing on 20 years experience working with both adults and children in various settings,
My counseling experience and training are extensive in working with:
- Adults and Families
- Children and young people.
- Adult Trauma Counselling
- I see clients in Watford, Rickmansworth, Northwood, and Dunstable
What Vocalise Counselling offers you...
I place a great emphasis on empathy and kindness and compassion, I am straight-talking, friendly, approachable. I offer you a private safe space to share your feelings.
I am incredibly warm, friendly, and passionate about working with both Adults, Children/ teens, families seeking guidance with issues such as low self-esteem, anxiety, anger issues, struggling at school or after divorce or separation, living with PTSD, traumatic experiences, domestic abuse or seeking support with social difficulties such as ASD, Dyspraxia, ADD, ADHD or learning difficulties, bullying and friendship issues. I understand the many pressures parents may face in balancing family life with work and home life.
I offer a free 30-minute telephone consultation to discuss your current concerns and explore what you hope to change or overcome from having counselling. I see both male and females clients, both long and short-term.
The counselling is tailored and centered around your individual needs and expectations.
It's ok to not be okay
Why not call or email me today to arrange a free initial telephone consultation. This is the first step towards getting the support you're seeking.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (QCF).
- BACP Certificate in Proficiency.
- Counselling Children and Young People certificate.
- OCN Certificate in Counselling Supervision.
- ADHD & Autism Support.
- Anger management Training.
- Self-harm- Mind Training.
- Grief Training - Open-Toy Box.
- PODS DID and Dissociation: The Fundamentals.
- somatic experiencing
- KCA Associates Vulnerability, Trauma and Recovery.
- re-wind technique certificate
- Certificate in working with couples
- OCN Certificate in Counselling supervision
- Trauma focused CBT
- Working with anger and conflict
- National Centre for Domestic Violence – Domestic Violence Training.
- Herts Community Safety Unit - Domestic Abuse, Honour Based Abuse /Forced Marriage.
- P2be/ Herts safeguard board Safeguarding Children Training.
- NSPCC-Child Protection level 2.
- Suicide and Risk Assessment Training at Herts-rite.
- Protective Behaviour Training HGFL.
- Attachment and Brain Neuroscience Training five to thrive
- Separation Anxiety Disorder (SAD)Training Cahms
- COVID-19: Psychological First Aid
- play therapy and creative therapy
I freelance as a clinical assessor at Homestart Watford alongside working in my private practice.
I previously co-ordinated Leavesden Children Centre Counselling Service working with Adults and their families - experiencing mental health issues, relationship difficulties, domestic violence, postnatal depression, anger issues and anxiety disorder.
I also recently worked as a Child Therapist for Kings Langley Pupil Support Service, providing emotional support, counselling and mentoring to children experiencing mental health difficulties in 6 schools around Hertfordshire before settling up in private practice.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- I offer free phone and internet based session for adults and teens
30 min telephone assessment.
- Adult Counselling £50-£60
- Adult trauma Counselling £50
- Adult Phone/Zoom online Counselling £50 (evenings & Weekends)
- Child Counselling sessions £50-£60 or £300 for 5 sessions
- Couples therapy £70
- Supervision £50-£65 per hour
The session must be paid in advance. Please note I have a 48-hour cancellation policy, Concession rates are available to students, or low waged.
Monday - Friday 9am-7pm, weekends 9am-3pm
I work from the Bettercare Clinic close to the Intu shopping centre in central Watford on the Queens Road.
My practice Vocalise Therapy can be found at http://www.bettercareclinic.co.uk in central Watford, where parking is available. I also freelance in schools and in the Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire area.
- I am a registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)and abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice and Date protection.
- I am fully insured and police checked and hold an enhanced DBS.
- English and Italian speaker.