Maria Luisa Urey
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Admitting you need help is not a sign of weakness but a sign of strength and self-awareness.” “It takes courage to ask for help and vulnerability, but it's worth it in the end.”
Vocalise therapy offers you a tranquil safe space to retreat from it all and work on putting you first resulting in feeling healthier and happier..
During stressful times, It’s understandable to experience low mood and overwhelming stress or anxiety or have intrusive thoughts and feelings.
If you struggle with your mental wellbeing or have feelings of anxiety or depression, or find yourself getting frustrated or angry whether you’re a child, adult, or Young person. I can help you.
these feelings are normal during challenging situations. or periods of stress. Getting in touch is the first step to take back control.
My name is Luisa Urey and my practice is called Vocalise counselling in Watford Hertfordshire.
I specialise in working with both Adults and Children offering counselling and mentoring. to young people during stressful exams , or when having difficulties at school or when transferring schools or with managing life or living with ADHD and autism.
I am incredibly warm, friendly, and passionate about working with both Adults, Children/ teens, families seeking guidance with issues such as low self-esteem, anxiety, anger issues, struggling at school or after divorce or separation, living with PTSD, traumatic experiences, domestic abuse or seeking support with social difficulties such as ASD, Dyspraxia, ADD, ADHD or learning difficulties, bullying and friendship issues.
I understand the many pressures parents may face in balancing family life with work and home life.
I see many clients seeking support to manage neurodivergent challenges. Both at home or at school or at work.
I also offer clinical external supervision to students and qualified counsellors. And I’m a clinical assessor at Homestart in Watford supporting family’s.
I see many families becoming increasingly frustrated by their children's behaviour at school or at home or their children use of social media and technology resulting in children struggling with increased anger, anxiety or rudeness. towards family or teachers and parents say they are getting little or no help .This is something I hope to change as I feel it’s can be lonely and challenging getting support for teenagers.
- i understand these challenges and I will not Judge you or your child , talking to a qualified and experienced therapist helps you take the first steps to feeling more in control.
- Counselling enables you to experience positive changes, promotes emotional wellness, and increase self -care and reduces your stress, improve resilience and emotional health.
- please feel free to contact me to discuss your needs.
I aim to support families having spent 20 years working in schools with individuals and have extensive
experienced with supporting Children and Adults with additional needs and learning challenges.
I am a Special needs trained NNEB Nursery Nurse as well as Counsellor./ clinical supervisor.
Children and teens I see often struggling with
- exam preparation
- difficult in relationships, friendships
- learning being affected or experiencing anxiety at school or university
- parents separation or divorce
- loss or grief
- ADHD and Autism
- Self Harm and intrusive thoughts
- Low elf esteem or confidence
I am currently seeing clients face to face or from the comfort of your home by phone or zoom. All precautions to prevent covid risk taken.
As a registered Bacp accredited Integrative Counsellor / supervisor
I combines multiple therapeutic techniques and approaches, including the Person-Centred Approach, CBT, Transactional Analysis, Humanistic theories, and Creative Therapy to support you.
Vocalise counselling enables you to experience positive changes, promotes emotional wellness, and increase self -care and reduces your stress, improve resilience and emotional health Vocalise counselling offers a calm and relaxing safe space with someone who you can privately share your fears and worries without feeling any Judgment.
My counseling experience and training are extensive in working with:
- Adults and Families
- Children and young people.
- Adult Trauma Counselling
- historic adverse childhood experiences affecting daily life
- Adults and Children with Anxiety, anger
- I see clients in Watford, Croxley Green, Rickmansworth, Northwood, and Surrounding towns
What Vocalise Counselling offers you...
I place a great emphasis on empathy and kindness and compassion, I am straight-talking, friendly, approachable. I offer you a private safe space to share your feelings.
- I offer a free telephone consultation to discuss your current concerns
- I see any gender clients, both long and short-term.
The counselling is tailored and centered around your individual needs and expectations.
It's ok to not be okay
Why not call or email me today to arrange a free initial telephone consultation. This is the first step towards getting the support you're seeking.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (QCF).
- BACP Certificate in Proficiency.
- Counselling Children and Young People certificate.
- OCN Certificate in Counselling Supervision.
- ADHD & Autism Support.
- Anger management Training.
- Self-harm- Mind Training.
- Grief Training - Open-Toy Box.
- PODS DID and Dissociation: The Fundamentals.
- somatic experiencing
- KCA Associates Vulnerability, Trauma and Recovery.
- re-wind technique certificate
- Certificate in working with couples
- OCN Certificate in Counselling supervision
- Trauma focused CBT
- Working with anger and conflict
- National Centre for Domestic Violence – Domestic Violence Training.
- Herts Community Safety Unit - Domestic Abuse, Honour Based Abuse /Forced Marriage.
- P2be/ Herts safeguard board Safeguarding Children Training.
- NSPCC-Child Protection level 2.
- Suicide and Risk Assessment Training at Herts-rite.
- Protective Behaviour Training HGFL.
- Attachment and Brain Neuroscience Training five to thrive
- Separation Anxiety Disorder (SAD)Training Cahms
- COVID-19: Psychological First Aid
- play therapy and creative therapy
I freelance as a clinical assessor at Homestart Watford alongside working in private practice.
I previously co-ordinated Leavesden Children Centre Counselling Service working with both adults and their families - experiencing mental health issues, relationship difficulties, domestic violence, postnatal depression, anger issues and anxiety disorder.
I also recently worked as a Child Therapist for Kings Langley Pupil Support Service, providing emotional support, counselling and mentoring to children experiencing mental health difficulties in 6 schools around Hertfordshire before settling up in private practice.
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£55.00 per session
Concessions offered for
- I offer free phone and internet assessment for adults and teens
(30 min telephone assessment.)
- Adult Counselling * £50-£60
- Adult trauma Counselling *£55
- Adult Phone/Zoom online Counselling £50 (evenings & Weekends)
- Child Counselling sessions * £50-£60 or £300 for 5 sessions
- Couples therapy £60
- Supervision *£50 for 1 hour
- £65 per 1 hour 30 supervision session .
- *reduced fee rate please ask for details if needed.
The session must be paid in advance. Please note I have a 48-hour cancellation policy, Concession rates are available to students, or low waged.
When I work
Monday - Friday 9am-7pm, weekends 9am-3pm
I work from the Bettercare Clinic close to the Intu shopping centre in central Watford on the Queens Road.
My practice Vocalise Therapy can be found at http://www.bettercareclinic.co.uk in central Watford, where parking is available. I also freelance in schools and in the Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire area.
- I am a registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)and abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice and Date protection.
- I am fully insured and police checked and hold an enhanced DBS.
- English and Italian speaker.