Mandy Mitchell - MBACP MSc BSc
As an experienced Relationship Counsellor I have an excellent understanding of relationship issues and have worked with many individuals, couples and families to find resolutions to their difficulties.
Most relationships at some point experience challenges and it is common to be:
- Tired of the same old arguments
- Wondering where the initial sexual attraction has gone
- Missing fun, laughter and closeness
- Reeling from the impact of an affair
- Considering separation or divorce
- Divided over a desire to have children
- Exhausted by the demands of a young family
- Struggling with teenage children
- Wondering what to talk about now the children have left home
Relationship counselling is an opportunity to take stock and reflect with someone who has seen many variations of these scenarios before.
Having worked as a Relate counsellor since 2013 and gained a Masters Degree in Relationship Therapy, I have witnessed, on many occasions, the positive changes that counselling brings.
As we work together, I will help you either as an individual, couple or family to begin to make sense of what is going on for you, and decide the best way forward.
We will find more effective ways to communicate, reduce the conflict in your relationship and begin to understand one another better.
We will unravel some of the misunderstandings and hurts and begin to talk about difficult things in a way which is constructive and helpful.
We may consider how the past might be affecting the present, and plan ways in which the future could be different.
My focus is always to help you in a way which enables you to feel in control of the outcomes of your counselling.
At our initial meeting I will explain what to expect from counselling and explore your main concerns and goals. In addition, you have an opportunity to sense whether I am the right counsellor for you. I offer a reduced RATE of £30 for the initial session. After this, we will then schedule some regular sessions which will last an hour. I am available for counselling sessions Monday to Friday, from 8am–8pm
Give me a call to explore your questions further, 07561 703416 or click here to e-mail me to arrange your first session.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters Degree – Relationship Therapy – 2016 - University of Hull.
- Positive Parenting Practitioner (Triple P) accredited trainer – 2011 – University of Queensland.
- Bachelors Degree – Psychology – The Open University - 2003.
My career to date has encompassed six years working as a Relationship Counsellor (Relate, Maidenhead). I have also spent thirteen years working in Primary education, culminating in the post of Assistant Head and Special Needs Coordinator.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
£50 per hour session individuals
£60 per hour session couples
No charge for initial session - enabling you to decide whether counselling is for you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, evening and Saturday appointments available. Early morning appointments also available if you are working from home.
Types of client