Mandy Mitchell - MBACP MSc BSc
The Malt House
As an experienced Relationship Counsellor I have an excellent understanding of relationship issues and have worked with many individuals, couples and families to find resolutions to their difficulties.
Most relationships at some point experience challenges and it is common to be:
- Tired of the same old arguments
- Wondering where the initial sexual attraction has gone
- Missing fun, laughter and closeness
- Reeling from the impact of an affair
- Considering separation or divorce
- Divided over a desire to have children
- Exhausted by the demands of a young family
- Struggling with teenage children
- Wondering what to talk about now the children have left home
Relationship counselling is an opportunity to take stock and reflect with someone who has seen many variations of these scenarios before.
Having worked as a counsellor at Relate Maidenhead since 2013 and gained a Masters Degree in Relationship Therapy I know that Counselling DOES NOT need to take forever!
As we work together, I will help you either as an individual, couple or family to begin to make sense of what is going on for you, and decide the best way forward.
We will find more effective ways to communicate, reduce the conflict in your relationship and begin to understand one another better.
We will unravel some of the misunderstandings and hurts and begin to talk about difficult things in a way which is constructive and helpful.
We may consider how the past might be affecting the present, and plan ways in which the future could be different.
My focus is always to help you in a way which enables you to feel in control of the outcomes of your counselling.
Call me to arrange a half price first session, so you can decide whether counselling is for you. 07561 703416 or click here to e-mail me to arrange your first session.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters Degree – Relationship Therapy – 2016 - University of Hull.
- Positive Parenting Practitioner (Triple P) accredited trainer – 2011 – University of Queensland.
- Bachelors Degree – Psychology – The Open University - 2003.
My career to date has encompassed five years working as a Relationship Counsellor (Relate, Maidenhead). I have also spent thirteen years working in Primary education, culminating in the post of Assistant Head and Special Needs Coordinator.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Photos & videos
£50 per hour session individuals
£60 per hour session couples
First session half price - enabling you to decide whether counselling is for you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, evening and Saturday appointments available. Early morning appointments also available if you are working from home.
Types of client