Mandy Clarke MBACP Adv Dip Counselling, Dip Cert Children & Adolescents
I am an experience Counsellor Psychotherapist working with both children and adults. My aim is to provide for you, a warm, safe and supportive space, in which I offer an opportunity to talk about and explore yourself and your life in a way that you may never have been able to before. This supported exploration may help you to gain insights into your feelings and behaviour and empower you to live the life that you want to.
My approach to the therapeutic journey stems from my personal qualities of compassion, attentiveness, patience and diligence and integrates a variety of counselling, psychoanalytic and psychotherapeutic models, alongside behavioural and positive psychology, ancient wisdom, mindfulness and creativity. My work is underpinned by the belief that within each person there is a seed of life that given the right conditions will grow to fulfil their true potential.
There are many more problems that may affect you, and I would welcome an opportunity to meet with you and explore your own issues.
Training, qualifications & experience
I currently work in a number of settings:
- Private Practice
- As Director and Counsellor for Hand In Hand a charity providing support to families working in conjunction with Children's Services in Torbay.
- I facilitate a Young Mums Group in Torquay.
- I hold an Enhanced CRB check to ensure your protection, and I undertake continuing Professional Development and regular supervision to make certain that you will receive the best care I can provide. I adhere to the code of ethics of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- I am fully insured to practice Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- I have specialist experience and interest of working with young people.
My experience has been gained from working in the areas already mentioned, I also hold the following qualifications:
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling.
- Level 2 & 3 in Counselling concepts and skills.
- Foundation training in child protection.
- As part of my commitment to personal development I am currently working towards a Child and Adolescence Diploma.
I have attended courses and workshops in order to enhance my work and understanding, these have included:
- Working with Adults, Children and Young People
- Working with ADHD and Asperger's Syndrome
- Adults who have experienced sexual abuse
- Domestic Violence & Abuse
- Children & Domestic Violence
- Child Protection
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
My fees are £50 for 1 full hour, I charge a flat rate regardless of whether I see an individual or couples.
A confidential private practice with ample free parking and easy access from Paignton town centre on a direct bus route.