Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
I am an experience Counsellor Psychotherapist working with both children and adults. My aim is to provide for you, a warm, safe and supportive space, in which I offer an opportunity to talk about and explore yourself and your life in a way that you may never have been able to before. This supported exploration may help you to gain insights into your feelings and behaviour and empower you to live the life that you want to.
My approach to the therapeutic journey stems from my personal qualities of compassion, attentiveness, patience and diligence and integrates a variety of counselling, psychoanalytic and psychotherapeutic models, alongside behavioural and positive psychology, ancient wisdom, mindfulness and creativity. My work is underpinned by the belief that within each person there is a seed of life that given the right conditions will grow to fulfil their true potential.
There are many more problems that may affect you, and I would welcome an opportunity to meet with you and explore your own issues.
Training, qualifications & experience
I currently work in a number of settings:
- Private Practice
- As Director and Counsellor for Hand In Hand a charity providing support to families working in conjunction with Children's Services in Torbay.
- I facilitate a Young Mums Group in Torquay.
- I hold an Enhanced CRB check to ensure your protection, and I undertake continuing Professional Development and regular supervision to make certain that you will receive the best care I can provide. I adhere to the code of ethics of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- I am fully insured to practice Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- I have specialist experience and interest of working with young people.
My experience has been gained from working in the areas already mentioned, I also hold the following qualifications:
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling.
- Level 2 & 3 in Counselling concepts and skills.
- Foundation training in child protection.
- As part of my commitment to personal development I am currently working towards a Child and Adolescence Diploma.
I have attended courses and workshops in order to enhance my work and understanding, these have included:
- Working with Adults, Children and Young People
- Working with ADHD and Asperger's Syndrome
- Adults who have experienced sexual abuse
- Domestic Violence & Abuse
- Children & Domestic Violence
- Child Protection
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
My fees are £50 for 1 full hour, I charge a flat rate regardless of whether I see an individual or couples.
A confidential private practice with ample free parking and easy access from Paignton town centre on a direct bus route.