Magdalena Young MSc, BSc, MBACP, PPA
17 Oak Avenue
07392 046009 / 07835 078390
Welcome. I am an experienced Counsellor, Psychotherapist and currently Psychologist in training. Within my private practice, I use numinous therapeutic approaches, including Person Centred, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Humanistic, Integrative, and Psychodynamic. I can offer both short and long-term counselling/psychotherapeutic support.
Additionally, I am a qualified facilitator of the SMART program (design, change and maintain life goals/objectives), a facilitator of method FOC (CBT based therapeutic program for groups and individuals) and a facilitator of IEPT/BTEI (maps to support cognitive processes and persons wellbeing).
In my private practice, I work with a variety of patients who are faced with life challenges, relationship & communication issues, existential problems, mental health diagnoses and emotional difficulties. Below are some of the examples I support my patients with on daily basis:
- Addictions and dependency (alcohol, illicit substances, medication etc.)
- Low self-esteem, lack of self-belief
- Loss and bereavement
- Depression and depressive episodes
- Control and emotional coping (anger, sadness, fear etc.)
- Cultural differences
- Suicidal thoughts, self-harm
- Difficulties in communication with others, difficulties in interpersonal connections
- Problem solving
- Dual diagnoses
- Mental health diagnoses
- Everyday life difficulties
- Understanding self and surrounding
- Understand difficulties and processes of decision making
- Increase quality of life: personal and professional
- Acceptation of difficulties and coping skills.
At the first session/meeting, we concentrate on psychological or therapeutic consultation to collect information that will be used for treatment purposes and will support both client and therapist to focus on specific areas of work. Clients will have the opportunity to discuss with the therapist matters for the visit, any issues that might have an impact on therapeutic work and their own expectations from the sessions.
Confidentially agreement will be discussed in detail to provide safe and stable work conditions.
The amount of therapeutic sessions required will be arranged individually for each client, with regards to needs, aims and goals and the appropriate therapy choice by both therapist and client.
The Practice is designed to provide support to as many individuals as required by offering services in additional polish language.
Training, qualifications & experience
Core Academic Qualifications:
- MSc Applied Psychology at Middlesex University
- Diploma in Integrative Therapy at Middlesex University
- Post Graduate Certificate in Person-Centred Therapy at University of East Anglia
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology at Anglia Ruskin University
I believe in the importance of continuing my professional development and therefore I regularly attend workshops and seminars relevant to modern therapy, psychology and counselling.
Training and previous experience:
*The Well Counselling Service in Peterborough - Integrative Therapist providing support to patients under the recommendation of NICE 1 & 2, self-referrals, patients wishing to continue therapeutic work (previously started with NHS short term sessions).
*Aspire Drug Treatment - Addiction counsellor working with patients of opiates dependence, medication and alcohol issues.
*Cambridgeshire Constabulary - a member of the criminal justice team, providing therapeutic support to prisoners, individuals involved in criminal activities and individuals under care of the probation office.
MBPsS- Registered Member of The British Psychological Society www.bps.org.uk
MBACP- Registered member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) www.bacp.co.uk.
PPA- Registered Member of Polish Psychologists’ Association www.polishpsychologists.org.
I abide by their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy, work in the strictest of confidence and undertake regular clinical supervision.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Currently I provide individual, couple, face-to-face sessions with a duration of 50 minutes.
A session cost is as follow:
£50.00 for individual sessions.
£70.00 for couple session.
Payment is accepted by cash or bank transfer.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Working hours: Monday to Friday: 9.00-19.00 Saturday: 10.00- 16.00 Sunday: Closed
Types of client