THERAPY FOR THESE TROUBLED TIMES:
I’m a fully qualified Relate-trained counsellor and Member of the BACP. I have always aimed to support my clients through tough times towards a brighter but realistic future, and particularly seek to do so in these worrying weeks and months ahead.
We find ourselves in uncharted waters confronting the coronavirus and its unprecedented stresses. Many of us will be confronting high anxieties about health, our elderly and vulnerable, about isolation or the reverse as families find themselves in unusually close proximity over a long period of time. Pressure on couples and parents could be extreme.
Children and young people may also find it hard to cope as they are cut loose from school and sensitive to a very uncertain world. It may feel especially hard for exam students now thrown off course and missing vital contact with their friendship groups.
As face to face counselling is no longer possible, I am offering sessions via Skype, Zoom or phone. I’m fully trained and qualified to do this.
I continue to work with couples, families, individuals and young people on the stresses, strains and conflicts that ‘ordinary’ life throws up. I also offer divorce support, helping those who have recently separated to deal with loss and anger, to minimise conflict with exes and to rediscover resilience for a fresh start.
Please call me on 01423 711860/07771 816111.
Training, qualifications & experience
* I have an MA from the university of Cambridge
* I hold the Relate certificate in couples counselling., in children and young people’s work. I receive continuing professional development.
* I am a Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
* I am Relate trained and qualified to work with young people online.
* I have written extensively on relationship and family issues.
* I have more than 20 years experience of counselling couples and have worked in Yorkshire schools for 10 years. I also work in a school where students have what is generally termed ‘special needs’, though I find they also all have their own special strengths.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Child related issues
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
I charge £60 for a session, £60 for family work.
I am starting a new Divorce Support Group in Harrogate for anyone who is struggling with the process of separation and moving on to make a fresh start. The groups are small - no more than eight people - and the first of 10 sessions will start Tuesday, January 12th at 7.30 pm. Each session lasts one and a half hours and costs £38. There is a £20 discount if all sessions are paid at the time of booking. I ask that everyone joining the group has an individual session first, just to ensure that they will be comfortable with the work. To book, or to find out more, please call me, Madeleine Kingsley on 01423 711860/ 07771 816111
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
By arrangement - always flexible