Louise Collins BSc (Hons) MBACP
Are you struggling with an issue and need a confidential space to talk through your feelings and concerns? Would you like to focus on your self-development, or challenge repeating patterns of behaviour which are not beneficial to you? It may be that you are feeling 'stuck' or isolated and do not know how to move forward. Whatever it may be, something has brought you here, so feel free to contact me to assist you with your journey.
Counselling can be used to process difficult situations, feelings or experiences. It can differ from talking to a friend as it is completely confidential, non-judgemental, and focuses entirely on your needs.
My philosophy 'to be curious and assume nothing' allows us to work together through whatever you need to discuss, without any pre-judgement of your experiences. Together we will take a collaborative approach to your therapy to get the best outcomes for you. The relationship we build within the counselling room can often offer insight into recurring issues which can be explored.
I will not judge you, or tell you what to do, rather work with you to help you process your thoughts and feelings. Through my empathic approach, we can identify any patterns and explore different perspectives. Many people find that they are able to fully be themselves in the therapy room, which enables them to become more open and confident in their every day lives.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling from Matrix College of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Counselling from Matrix College of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Certificate in the Management of Drug Misuse Part 1, awarded by the Royal College of General Practitioners
- 2:1 (Hons) Degree in Psychology/Sociology, awarded by University of East Anglia
- Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector
- Certificate of Registration with the BACP - Registration number 292356
- regular Continued Professional Development to enhance my practice, including the following:
- Specialist Sexual Violence Training
- Adult and Child Safeguarding Training
- Signs of Safety Lead Practitioner Course
- The Fragile Self: working with narcissistic vulnerability, grandiosity, shame, and alienation with Dr Phil Mollon
- Creative Sand Tray with Biddy Barclay
- The Challenge of Uncertainty - with Dr Ernesto Spinelli
- CPD with Beat Eating Disorders
I have my own private practice in Woodbridge and I also currently work with the Rape Crisis Centre as a sessional counsellor.
I worked for two years coordinating the counselling service in HMP Hollesley Bay, where I worked with male clients for both short term and long term therapy.
My previous roles have seen me working both one-to-one and in groups with clients who have substance misuse issues and mental health issues, including those diagnosed with personality disorders and those who struggle with suicidal thoughts and self-harm. I have worked extensively with clients who struggle with anger as well as anxiety and depression.
I can draw on my experience working with young people both in custody and in the community whose behaviour has been challenging.
I have worked one-to-one with women who have been in relationships in which there is domestic violence, including sexual violence.
I have supported women at the point of crisis when they have reported rape or serious sexual assault.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£45 per 50 minute session
I offer a confidential, ethical service for both men and women over the age of 18. I adhere to the ethical principles of the BACP.
I have a full enhanced DBS Certificate.
I hold professional indemnity insurance.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please do contact me to discuss your requirements. I aim to respond to all enquiries within 24hrs with the exception of Sundays.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|