Offering a fresh approach to psychological therapy from the young and vibrant Little Bee Clinic. We are here to support children, young people and families.
Who are you?
Ilan, Amy and Elizabeth are a group of colleagues and friends who aim to offer a modern approach to psychological therapy. We have all been trained as Clinical Psychologists, which means we have lots of experience working with children, young people and families.
What is a Clinical Psychologist?
A Clinical Psychologist has completed a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and is trained to work with people of all ages who have mental health difficulties or challenges in their lives. Clinical Psychologists have expertise using a variety of different types of therapy (such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Systemic approaches and Psychodynamic Therapy) so they can offer support that is tailored to you. Clinical Psychologists are also trained in conducting research projects and the importance of offering therapy that has evidence saying that it works.
How are you different?
- We are young, vibrant and full of energy, which makes us perfectly suited to working with children, young people and families
- Our team all know each other personally, meaning we offer a "family practice" type feel and work as a team to ensure that the psychologist you see is the best fit for your needs
- We know how busy everyone's lives are so offer a flexible approach, catered to your unique needs. This includes flexible session times, locations (eg. in person/skype/phone) and number of sessions.
- Our psychologists have all been trained in the NHS, which means we use the latest therapies which have the best evidence proving they work!
- Unless you state otherwise, we aim to offer the fewest sessions necessary to get you to where you want to be. We regularly review our work together to check our progress and ensure what we are doing is working for you.
Have you dealt with my sort of problems before?
We have a wealth of experience working in this area and have worked with a wide variety of difficulties that people have.
Some examples of these include:
- Feeling low - Not wanting to go out, being isolated, feeling sad, crying more than usual
- Anxiety/Worry - whether that's feeling on edge, constant worrying, separation anxiety from a parent, social anxiety, obsessive behaviours, a phobia or panic attacks
- Loss of a loved one - This may be a bereavement or getting to grips with a change in a relationship as a result of a physical health condition or move away.
- Difficulties at school - including bullying, getting on with friends, problematic behaviour
- Low self-esteem/confidence
- Trauma - Being involved in an accident or seeing something really difficult
- Anger - Struggling to cope with feelings of anger and frustration and managing outbursts
- Separated families - Getting to grips with living separately from parents, working with families to improve communication and relationships
- Eating - This may include eating too little or eating too much
- Addiction - Whether this be alcohol, drugs or even social media
- Gender - Managing the distress experienced when someone doesn't feel aligned with their assigned gender label
How do you help?
We have training and expertise in a variety of different therapies. We have included a brief explanation of some of the main ones on our website, but we realise you may have more questions and want to know more about how we might use these with you. These include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Couples Counselling
- Compassionate Focused Therapy
- Person centred therapy
If there is a particular therapy not listed above that you are interested in, get in touch and we’d be more than happy to discuss it with you more.
We appreciate that many people rely on their psychologist to provide a therapy that suits them best. Therefore, our experience enables us to provide tailor made therapy using the most effective methods at supporting our clients to overcome their difficulties.
I'm interested, what happens next?
If you're interested in finding out a bit more about what we do and whether we're right for you, you can get in touch by clicking the "Email me" button at the top, calling us.
The next step we always take is to have an informal chat over the phone so that we can find out more about what's been going on and work out which of our psychologists would be best suited to you. Of course, if there is a particular person you'd like to work with, just let us know!
I'm an adult and would like help, would you work with me?
Yes, we do! Check out our sister clinic, The Oak Tree Practice - www.theoaktreepractice.com
Training, qualifications & experience
All our psychologists have completed a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and are Chartered Clinical Psychologists, accredited by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
We also each have various other qualifications which you can find out more about on our website! www.littlebeeclinic.com
Member organisations *
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling we deal with
From £120.00 to £130.00
EAP/Health Insurance Providers
We offer a simple fee structure where the cost per session is the same for individuals, couples or families.
Psychological therapy (Individual, couples, families): Between £120-130 per session. Each session lasts for 50 minutes.
The fees above relate to the assessment session, as well as all subsequent sessions.
We conduct face to face sessions from our clinic in East Finchley (N2 9EB) and Virtually. Available face to face, skype, online chat and telephone. Home visits are available on request.
Weekdays and evenings
"I saw Ilan six times to help me with my crippling anxiety and low mood which has been stopping me from performing well at work. I was also starting to withdraw from my friends and family. Ilan was welcoming and really went out of his way to support me with emails and telephone calls. Since meeting him, I am well on the way to recovery and feel better equipped to deal with my problems and overcome them. Thanks."
"Having seen on a Facebook page several people writing very complimentary reviews for Ilan and his child whispering ways, I decided to do some research. Here is a psychologist who truly cares, his work is multifaceted and his relaxed yet professional approach comes with humour (and very comfortable chairs!).
He is able to speak to adults and children very much on whatever level is needed and will liaise with other professionals to achieve the best outcomes.
Although we have not been involved with other members of the team, whenever you see them in the practice, there are always smiles given freely and this is reflective of the Oak Tree treatment of all who enter ‘the Jewel of N2’.
"It has been great for my son (7) to have had the opportunity to see Amy over the last 6 months for CBT. He really took to Amy and she was able to engage with him very well which resulted in a child who now sleeps through the night and suffers much less anxiety. Should we need to see a psychologist again, I will definitely contact Amy"
"I feel more upbeat about everything now. I've started to accept things for what they are and have my belief back that all will be okay"