Dr Lisa Da Silva, Chartered Psychologist, BSc(Hons), HCPC Registered,
Haven Wellbeing Hub
171 Evendons Lane
I am a Chartered Psychologist, registered with the regulating body for healthcare professions in the UK, the Health and Care Professions Council.
I offer individual psychological therapy to adults. Sessions last 1 hour.
I strongly believe we have the resources within us to help face the difficulties we experience in our lives. Therapy can provide the space for you to explore what is distressing you in a safe and confidential place. In doing this, therapy can help you to find your inner resources so that you can start to make more healthy choices in life and overcome obstacles that you may be facing.
As a Counselling Psychologist I am trained in different therapeutic approaches such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and person-centred. My therapeutic approach is therefore integrative, using evidence based treatments I have been trained in to provide you with therapy that best meets your needs in a supportive and safe environment. Feedback is sought to ensure that therapy remains helpful to you.
People seek therapy for various reasons. Some are experiencing depression, anxiety, relationship difficulties or difficulties arising from trauma(s). Others would like the opportunity to have the space to reflect and explore certain issues in a non-judgmental empathic environment. Whatever the reason you may be seeking therapy at this moment in time, you can get in touch with me.
I have experience of treating depression, low self esteem, complex trauma and anxiety disorders (panic disorder, phobias, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), generalised anxiety disorder (GAD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and health anxiety. I can also provide help with stress, bereavement or other difficult life events.
To help ensure high standards of practice, therapists receive regular supervision from experienced qualified therapists and this is a requirement to maintain professional accreditation.
I offer reduced rates for trainees.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked for the NHS in various settings including Occupational Health, Women's Health, Primary Care and Secondary Care Services. This means I have a breadth of experience working with various client difficulties, and as such can provide an individual client focused approach to the difficulties you are facing.
Qualifications and Trainings
- Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (DPsych), City University, London
- Postgraduate Diploma in Evidence Based Psychological Therapies, Charlie Waller Institute, Reading University
- BSc (Hons) Psychology with Clinical Psychology [First], Kent University, Canterbury
- Eye Movement and Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) Part 1 and 2 Trained, EMDR Extra, London
- Introduction to Clinical Supervision, Oxford Institute of Clinical Psychology Training, Oxford University
- Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC)
- British Psychological Society (BPS)
- British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) Provisional Accreditation
- Registered Applied Psychology Practice Supervisor (RAPPS)
- Member of EMDR Association UK
I have presented on improving transition for young people from Children and Adolescence Mental Health Services to Adult Services and have delivered teaching to junior doctors and other NHS healthcare professionals.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Please visit my website for uptodate fees.
Payment can be made by cash, bank transfer or cheque.
Clinical supervision for trainees - discounted rates. Please contact for details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|