01253 273590 / 07403 222524
Do you feel that talking to someone could really help you with a current problem?
Are past events getting in the way of you leading the life you really want to?
Are you stuck in a pattern of behaviour that is causing difficulties for you or your loved ones?
You may have been told that you would benefit from Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and are currently on a waiting list which can feel endless?
Whatever your circumstances may be, I will provide a supportive andconfidential conselling relationship within which you will feel fully cupported and able to explore whatever issues you choose to bring to our sessions.
Coming to counselling is a big decision - choosing a counsellor can feel like an even bigger decision as there are so many to pick from and so many different types of therapy to choose from it can feel very overwhelming before you even get into a therapy room at all!
I am a fully qualified counsellor and Registrered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). This means that I have acheived the standard of qualification and experience requireed by the BACP to use the title 'Registered'.
I have experience of working with a range of ages of clients including young people as I have worked with Trinity Hospice service at 'The Linden Centre' for over 3 years with teenagers on such issues as loss, anger, anxiety, low mood, self harm and more.
I am qualified to work with a wide range of issues such as: grief & loss, anxiety & depression, trauma & abuse (historical & current), OCD & phobias, mood disorders, low self esteem & confidence issues, family & relationships issues, changing unhealthy behaviours/habits, identifying life goals, everyday life issues and more.
My approach to counselling is eclectic; this means that a variety of approaches to the work are used as and when appropriate and in collaboration with you, the client. My practice is underpinned in the Person Centred approach, therefore at the centre of the counselling relationship is my regard for and acceptance of the individual.
I treat all information shared with me with respect and confirdentiality. There are is ome information that I am ethically bound over to break confidentiality for and disclose. These situations are: when a client discloses to me they are intending on causing serious harm to themselves or others; disclosing knowledge of a vulnerable adult or child in danger of abuse or harm; disclosing an intention to commit a crime.
I am able to offer a choice of times and days (including Saturday morning if required) and also a choice of 2 counselling room location, both of which are private, safe and comfortable with full facilities as well as easy street parking access and close to public transport services.
PLEASE LOOK BELOW at the gallery to find photos of the therapy rooms. All rooms are comfortable, quiet, clean and private spaces.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Dilploma in CBT Theory & Skills
- CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Certificate in COunselling Skills
- Working with Complex Trauma (single & Multiple events)
- Working with Complex Childhood Trauma
- Working with Dreams & Nightmares
- Understanding Dissacociation & Trauma
- Working with Trauma (Mnemodynamics Model Training)
- Understanding & responding to Intra-Famililar Child Sexual Abuse
- Working with Child Sexual Abuse & Onine Safety
- Working with Pre-Trial Clients
- Certificate in Dignity & Safeguarding
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
NHS Self Harm trained
- Trinity Hospice Bereeivement/Living with life limiting illness Counselling Service
- CASCADE (Children & Adolescents Support & Counselling Around Death Experience)
- Aiming Higher Charity counsellng service (Working to support families with children with disabilities)
- Rennaisance/Drugline Counselling Service (Working to cupport clients dealing with childhood trauma/abuse experiences)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
In full time emplI offer a sliding scale of fees to provide an inclusive service for clients with a range of financial abilities:
In full time employment - £40 per hour
Retired - £35 per hour
In receipt of benefits - £35 per hour
Students - £30 per hour
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|