Lindsey Schofield RegisteredCounsellor (Adults & Young People)
Thank you for taking time to read through my profile while you're making this important decision of "who do I pick?" as there are so many to choose from?".
I've tried to keep my 'blurb' as short as possible, however I do also wish to give you the 'full picture' of me as a practitioner so you can make a fully informed choice for yourself.
A little about me.
I am a fully qualified, experienced and registered, trauma-informed psychotherapeutic counsellor with several years clinical experience.
I offering short term and long term therapy to adults and young paople (12+) in a private therapy space which is safe and supportive for each and every client.
As a counsellor it is my role to work alomgside you to fully support you as you explore and seek to understna and gain greater control over any thoughts, feelings, behaviour and/or challenging issues or situations that you are experiencing at the moment which are impacting in a negative way on your ability to live your life fully.
I work with clients of all ages and genders who bring a wide range of issues such as: grief & loss, anxiety, low mood & depression, self-harm & suicide, trauma & abuse (historical & current), OCD & phobias, mood disorders, low self esteem & confidence issues, family & relationships issues such as divorce & seperation, changing unhealthy behaviours/habits, challenging negative thoughts, identifying life goals, everyday life issues and more.
I am a fully Registered memner of the British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists (BACP) and I work in a professional and ethical practise within the BACP Ethical Framework.
Alittle about counselling.
Feeling emotionally overwhelmed can cause low mood, sleep loss, change in our appetite, concentration and motivation, a lack of patience and increased irritability, raised stress levels, low self-esteem, a sense of loss of control, anxiety and panic which sometimes lead to self harm and suicidal thoughts.
If you feel that you cannot cope on your own any longer then counselling can help you to explore your current situation and feelings - gain understanding and be more able to 'see' your choices and options to give you back your sense of balance, power, enjoyment and hope. You can learn new coping strategies and techniques - free yourself of negative thought and behaviour cycles - learn how to set yourself realistic and acheiveable life goals - gain confidence and self-esteem.
Are you trying to cope with a major life situation, issue or event
Or maybe you are running into the same issues, feelings and situations again and again leaving us feeling stuck in and unable to move forward?
It is possible to 'feel' stuck in grief or trauma, for experiences that happened in the past to have an impact on us in the present without us realising, to feel 'out of synch' with those around us and the world we live in as we struggle to make any sense of what is going on for us.
A little about the service I offer.
I am qualified as a psychotherapeutic counsellor in Person-Centred Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Body-Focused Therapy and Trauma-Informed Therapy.
I am able to offer a choice of times and days (including Saturday morning if required) and also a choice of 2 counselling room location (Cleveleys &Bispham, Blackpool) which are all private, safe and comfortable with full facilities as well as easy street parking access and close to public transport services.
I offer a FREE NO OBLIGATION telephone consultation chat to every client.
I can usually offer a face-to-face session within 3/4 working days of our phone consultation.
All information shared will be treated with me with respect and confirdentiality. If there is information that I am ethically bound over to break confidentiality for and disclose. These situations are: when a client discloses to me they are intending on causing serious harm to themselves or others; disclosing knowledge of a vulnerable adult or child in danger of abuse or harm; disclosing an intention to commit a crime.
Whatever your circumstances may be, I will provide a supportive and confidential conselling relationship within which you will feel fully supported and able to explore whatever issues you choose to bring to our sessions.
PLEASE LOOK BELOW at the gallery to find photos of the therapy rooms. All rooms are comfortable, quiet, clean and private spaces.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Dilploma in CBT Theory & Skills
- CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Certificate in COunselling Skills
- Working with Complex Trauma (single & Multiple events)
- Working with Complex Childhood Trauma
- Working with Dreams & Nightmares
- Working with Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Understanding Dissacociation & Trauma
- Working with Domestic Violence & Referal Pathways
- Working with Trauma (Mnemodynamics Model Training)
- Understanding & responding to Intra-Famililar Child Sexual Abuse
- Working with Child Sexual Abuse & Onine Safety
- Working with Pre-Trial Clients
- Certificate in Dignity & Safeguarding
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Understanding Eating Disorders
NHS Self Harm trained
Types of Therapy offered:
- Person-Centred (Humanistic) Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Manemodynamic Therapy
- Embodied Therapy
- Emotional Freedom Therapy
- Trinity Hospice Bereeivement/Living with life limiting illness Counselling Service
- CASCADE (Children & Adolescents Support & Counselling Around Death Experience)
- Aiming Higher Charity counsellng service (Working to support families with children with disabilities)
- Rennaisance/Drugline Counselling Service (Working to cupport clients dealing with childhood trauma/abuse experiences)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
In full time emplI offer a sliding scale of fees to provide an inclusive service for clients with a range of financial abilities:
In full time employment - £40 per hour
Retired - £35 per hour
In receipt of benefits - £35 per hour
Students (full time education) - £30 per hour
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Wheelchair user access:||No|
Able to offer ground floor room or 1st floor room depending on mobility issues of client.
Monday - 9.30am to 8.15pm (last sessioon slot)
Wednesday - 9.30am - 8.15pm (last session slot)
Thursday - 9.30am - 8.15pm (last session slot)
Would offer Saturday mornings sessions
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|