Lindsey Schofield RegisteredCounsellor (Adults & Young People)
Thank you for taking time to read through my profile while you're making this important decision of "who do I pick?" as there are so many to choose from.
Chances are you've read through alot of these profiles by now so I'll try to lay out myself and my practice as best and as briefly as I can.
Why choose counselling?
Feeling emotionally overwhelmed can cause low mood, sleep loss, change in our appetite, concentration and motivation, a lack of patience and increased irritability, raised stress levels, low self-esteem, a sense of loss of control, anxiety and panic which sometimes lead to self harm and suicidal thoughts.
If you are feeling stuck, out of balance with your life or maybe relationships?
If you feel you need to make changes for whatever the reason the counselling can help you to...
- explore your current situation and feelings
go back to painful experiences in your history which may be impacting on your pesent life & relationships
- understand & be able to 'see' your choices and options
- get back your sense of balance, empowerment, enjoyment and hope
- offer new skills, new coping strategies and techniques
- free yourself of negative thought and behaviour cycles
- learn how to set yourself realistic and acheiveable life goals
- gain confidence,self-esteem & self worth
- explore & establish healthy routines, choices & lidestyles
- explore deep implicit trauma memories which can often be stored within the body causing physical symptoms & issues for clients
- learn management skills to help with day to day life such as PTSD management, anxiety/panic management, stress management, nightmare/night terror management
- & much, much more...
Clients can learn new skills and technique to help manage and cope with a variety of life and emotional situatons - such as anxiety/panic management, stress management, PTSD symptom management.
New skills such as reflection on life experiences while in therapy can offer clarity on alot of things clients are experiencing in their current day to day lives and relationships.
Working with trauma
Trauma covers a wide diversity of experiences which includes...
- childhood abuse
- domestic violence
- any physical, emotional or psychological assault current or historical
- being involved in or witnessing any traumatic incident such as a death/serious injury to self or others
- having experienced active service as a member of the armed forces
- having been present to a bad death experience (i.e. loss of a loved one either in hospital or otherwise)
- been a victim of juman trafficing or grooming either present or historical
- being a survivor of rape or sexual assault
- being a survivor of a hate crime
- having experienced any life event which alters your ability to live fully
Trauma can create difficulties sleeping, eating, maintaining a healthy relationship, difficulty in holding down a job, difficulty in living day to day or even getting out of bed and looking after yourself or others who depend on you.
Trauma experiences can lead to unhealthy life choices and addiction.
It can feel like you are sleep-walking through your life, loose time, do not feel or experience emotions, have no interest in anything or anyone - sometimes even retreating from ife fully and homelessness.
Trauma triggers can be frightening and unpredictable leading to anxiety and panic, fear and withdrawel from people and an inability to enjoy and engage in your life.
As a trauma-informed counsellor I have spent several years specialising in working with and supporting clients who have trauma experiences. I can offer a fully supportive and informed professional relationship in which you can learn new skilss, coping stregies and techniques to take back your mind, body and ability to live in the world.
Covid 19 & Lockdown Related issues
Feeling sad, lonely or isolated and struggling with the day to day of the lockdown experience?
Perhaps experiencing anxiety or panic attacks? Maybe you feel in low mood or a depression related state of mind at the moment? or are you feelingan increased sense of overwhelmed, anxious or panic when thinkig about being around other paople or in social situations such as your work office, school or college or university or maybe just the supermarket is too much right now?
Or perhaps you are feeling frustrated and angry?
I can offer the safe space and support needed for clients to work through all of such issues and feelings like overwhelm, anxiety, panic, low mood/sad, depression, a sense of 'out of controlI' in cureent Covid and lockdown times.
As a trained therapist I am able to offer techniques and interventions as well as support which can benefit you awith your dday to day experience through this unique experience we are all sharing and yet so isolated within.
Counselling can offer couples a neutral, non-biais, non-judgemental space for both individuals to unpack and explore the difficulties and issues that each feel are impacting in an unhealthy way on their relationship and them as individuals.
Counselling can offer a place for couples to gain greater understanding of their partners and themselves and learn new skills and techniques together to create a positive and healthier relationship moving forward.
A little about me.
I am a fully qualified, BACP Registered trauma-informed psychotherapeutic counsellor with several years clinical experience supporting clients.
I offer short term and long term therapy to a wide diversity of adults and young paople (12+) in a private therapy space which is safe, supportive, fully inclusive and comfortable for each and every client.
As a counsellor it is my role to work alomgside you to fully support you as you explore, gain understnanding and awareness and a greater control over yourthoughts, feelings and the way that you choose to respond to people and situations.
I work with clients of all ages and genders who bring a wide range of issues such as: grief & loss, anxiety, low mood & depression, self-harm & suicide, trauma & abuse (historical & current), gender identity issues, sexuality issues, LGBTQ+ related issues, OCD & phobias, mood disorders, low self esteem & confidence issues, family & relationships issues such as divorce & seperation, changing unhealthy behaviours/habits, challenging negative thoughts, identifying life goals, everyday life issues and more as well as life coaching and goal orientation.
I am a fully Registered memner of the British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists (BACP) and I work in a professional and ethical practise within the BACP Ethical Framework.
A little about the service I offer.
I am qualified as a psychotherapeutic counsellor in Person-Centred Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) skills & theory, Body-Focused Therapy and Trauma-Informed Therapy. I work in an ingrative way to combine all my skills and training to work in the most supportive way I can for all clients.
I offer a FREE NO OBLIGATION telephone consultation chat to every client.
Whatever your circumstances may be, I will provide a supportive and confidential conselling relationship within which you will feel fully supported and able to explore whatever issues you choose to bring to our sessions.
PLEASE LOOK BELOW at the gallery to find photos of the therapy rooms. All rooms are comfortable, quiet, clean and private spaces.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Dilploma in CBT Theory & Skills
- CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Certificate in COunselling Skills
- Working with Complex Trauma (single & Multiple events)
- Working with Complex Childhood Trauma
- Working with Dreams & Nightmares
- Working with Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Understanding Dissacociation & Trauma
- Working with Couples
- Working with clients prescribed or withdrawing from psychiatric drugs
- Working with Domestic Violence & Referal Pathways
- Working with Trauma (Mnemodynamics Model Training)
- Understanding & responding to Intra-Famililar Child Sexual Abuse
- Working with Child Sexual Abuse & Onine Safety
- Working with Pre-Trial Clients
- Certificate in Dignity & Safeguarding
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Understanding Eating Disorders
NHS Self Harm trained
Types of Therapy offered:
- Person-Centred (Humanistic) Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Manemodynamic Therapy
- Embodied Therapy
- Emotional Freedom Therapy
- Trinity Hospice Bereeivement/Living with life limiting illness Counselling Service
- CASCADE (Children & Adolescents Support & Counselling Around Death Experience)
- Aiming Higher Charity counsellng service (Working to support families with children with disabilities)
- Rennaisance/Drugline Counselling Service (Working to cupport clients dealing with childhood trauma/abuse experiences)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
In full time emplI offer a sliding scale of fees to provide an inclusive service for clients with a range of financial abilities:
In full time employment - £40 per hour
Retired - £35 per hour
In receipt of benefits - £35 per hour
Students (full time education) - £30 per hour
Monday - 9.30am to 8.15pm (last sessioon slot)
Wednesday - 9.30am - 8.15pm (last session slot)
Thursday - 9.30am - 8.15pm (last session slot)
Would offer Saturday mornings sessions