I am an integrative therapist which means I use techniques and elements from several different approaches. I have attended additional training in working with children and young people and in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
I am a qualified nurse and health visitor and have lots of experience of working with health related issues. My special area of interest is sleep.
I work in lots of different ways including face to face sessions, home visits, Skype, telephone and email.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered Nurse - South Bank University
- PG Diploma in Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (School Nursing and Health Visiting) - Canterbury Christ Church University
- Diploma in Counselling - Canterbury College
- Solent NHS Trust Sleep Practitioner Course - Southampton
- Introduction to CBT (Children and Adolescents) - Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre
- Understanding Development (Adolescence) - Tavistock and Portman.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
My specialist area is sleep.
£40 per session for counselling.
Sleep prices vary according to what treatment plan is required. Prices start from £200 for 4 week treatment plan.
All costs are discussed fully before the treatment plan is agreed.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|