Kirstin Bicknell, MA, UKCP, MBACP
I'm an integrative counsellor and psychotherapist offering therapy that's right for you. I provide a supportive, confidential environment in a private home office room for you to explore and work through issues you are facing. I'm based in Elsworth, which is easily accessible from the A14 and A428 and provide off street parking.
As an integrative counsellor and psychotherapist there are a number of elements that therapy may include. The ones we use will depend on what you want to work on and your preferences. These can involve:
- Exploring how your past influences your present. What we see as children can lead us to make assumptions about the world that we sometimes aren't aware of. Knowing some of the reasons you feel the way you do can help you move forwards.
- Exploring what blocks you from doing the things that make you happy.
- Exploring current relationship dynamics and what you can do to make positive changes whether that be with your family, partner or friends.
- Working with past trauma in a safe, contained manner.
- Exercises and specific strategies for you to take away to deal with areas you want to address such as building confidence and self-esteem, decreasing anxiety etc.
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) based techniques. Exploring negative thought patterns and using strategies to identify and change them.
I'm currently offering weekly one hour long counselling and psychotherapy sessions either long term or over a short term period, (8 - 12 weeks).
I am a fully accredited member of the UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy) registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and am DBS checked. As well as my private practice experience I have been doing short term counselling through NHS GP referrals in Cambridge since 2010.
Training, qualifications & experience
Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling MA, Minster Centre, Middlesex University accredited (2015)
Advance Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling, Minster Centre (2015)
Integrative Counselling Diploma, Minster Centre (2011)
Counselling for Depression Certificate (2015)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
Photos & videos
Initial Consultation: Free
Normal rate: £50 per hour
For my full terms and conditions so you can make an informed decision about whether counselling with me might be for you, please see my website (listed above).
Private home office with ramped access, off street parking in front of home office.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday evenings Tuesday and Friday daytime
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|