Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
Welcome to my page.
'Hello' I want to take this opportunity today to introduce myself and to let you know that I continue to offer an ongoing service as a Humanistic counsellor. I acknowledge how the past few years may have been difficult for you and how you could have been affected by the climate regarding COVID - 19. I am very aware of the challengers you have been facing and I am offering you a safe place for you to speak with me in a confidential environment, face to face (telephone or online). Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions and and we can discuss how I will support you. I will enable you to find better coping strategies, to feel less stressed, feel less anxious and to feel happier in yourself. I will help you to feel more content, creative and complete.
I am a registered member of BACP (British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy) offering affordable counselling. I provide Supervision for students & qualified counsellors. I work within my own private practice and have had 16 years experience working within IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) for the NHS.
I entered the counselling profession after being referred for support myself by my GP when I was experiencing a difficult time in my life. The warmth, empathy and understanding of the therapist led me to want to train to become a counsellor, which I continue provide to this day. The benefits I gained from being truly heard and not judged enabled me to grow as a person and to find a more fulfilled, content and happier way to approach life. I now have these skills to help YOU! I practice in a professional, ethical and confidential manner at all times.
Would you like to talk about your life challenges, to be understood, guided and not judged? I am here to help you with this. I know how difficult life can be particularly in these unprecedented times and when you access the right support for yourself you will become more content, find more peace of mind and take that step in the right direction for you to start to heal.
I have been working as a Counsellor with young people, families and adults for over 22 years with a high success rate from people showing improved self esteem/self worth and achieving better coping mechanisms. I will help 'you' to realize your full potential, to achieve more fulfilled relationships and to find better ways to communicate with those who are important to you in your life. I will help you to feel less stressed, to feel less anxious, to feel less depressed and to guide you to become more empowered to achieve your hopes and dreams.
I understand how difficult it is to make that first move when reaching out for a counsellor, the questions that might be rolling around in your head when making the decision of who to choose, are important. You want to make the right choice for you, so make the right move FOR YOU today and contact me!
How will I support you?
I will listen to you, empathize with you, support you and our conversation will help you to clarify any confusion in your life. I will enable you to reach your full potential and discover your strengths.
- With my help and guidance your life will be transformed. Contact me now and begin your new journey, life can be challenging at times. I am putting my 'heart', experience and training into supporting you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Adv Diploma in Humanistic Counselling - Person Centred/Gestalt/Transactional Analysis
- ncFE Certificate in Basic Counselling Skills
- ncFE Certificate in Further Counselling Skills
- Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision - York St Johns University
- City & Guilds - Certificate In Teaching Adult Learners
- Certificate of Completion - Access Consciousness Bars Course
- Trainer - Delivery Counselling training to Diploma Level
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Various NHS Training
- Couple Counselling for Depression (IAPT) - Practitioner Training
- Counselling for Depression (IAPT)
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) Diploma
- Working with Anger Training
- Sexual Exploitation and Trafficking of Children & Young People
- Motivational Interviewing
- Brief Solution Focused Therapy
- Cruse Bereavement Care Training/Counselling
- Surviving the Breakup (Dawn Project) - working with adults surviving the break up of relationships
- Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council-Families First - working with parents
- Parent2Parent-Providing Counselling support for adults
- Working with adults & young people
- Private Counselling & Supervision
- Working with Problematic Alcohol Users in Primary Care
- Safeguarding Adults
- First & Second Degree Reiki
- Gestalt Workshop - Working With Shame
- Gestalt Approach to working with early psycho-physical blocks as emerge in the here & now
- MIND - Mental Health Issues in Counselling
- Mindfulness & Acceptance Training
- Pain Management - CBT Approach
- Provide training within the NHS
- On going Continual Professional Development
- Work with Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Registered Member British Association Counselling & Psychotherapy (MBACP).
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40.00 per session
Free initial telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
I am available for day, evening & weekend appointments. Located off Junction 36 A1M, Doncaster, where there is ample free parking.
Start your transformation, contact me now and become who you are, who you strive to be!!!
- Counselling (Individual) £40.00 for one hour.
- Supervision £55.00 per one and a half hours.
- Couples £55.00 per one hour of counselling.
- (£35.00 per session - student Counselling)
- (£45.00 for one and half hours - student supervision)
- I offer reduced rates for counselling when you pay four sessions up front = £35 per session. (A saving of £20).
- Please feel free to contact me to discuss.
When I work
Available for day, evening and weekend appointments.
Would you like to express yourself to those who are important to you and be more easily understood?
I can guide you to reach this!
- Would you like to feel more empowered to make decisions in life, to fulfill your dreams?
I will show you the way!
- I offer Mindfulness and Relaxation Strategies.
- TAKE CARE of 'You' in these difficult times