Kelly Rippin BSc (Hons), Dip Couns & CBT, MBACP Accredited
46a Windsor Street
Hello, I'm Kelly. I am an experienced BACP Accredited Counsellor. Whether you want practical solutions, space to be heard, coping strategies, we can explore your situation and work towards your personal goals for therapy. I offer a service based on getting the most out of counselling - valuing you as an individual and strategies that are appropriate and workable for you and your life.
I am experienced in working with a wide range of issues such as, anxiety, panic attacks, stress, low mood, depression, bereavement and loss, assertiveness, sleep problems, self confidence, eating and body image issues.
My approach is Person Centred and I utilise other therapies such Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Solution Focused Therapy to help you sort out confused feelings, attempt a different approach, or just find a better way of living.
The range of results we can hope to achieve through therapy are:
· More self-awareness
· More self-acceptance
· Strategies and tools to manage your problems
Your initial 20 minute telephone consultation is free of charge, so we can discuss your situation and how we may work together before you commit to ongoing sessions.
I am able to work with an array of different issues as well as having specialist training in the following areas:
I am a Practitioner in Eating Disorders through The National Centre for Eating Disorders to work with issues of eating distress. So if you are experiencing emotional or compulsive eating; chronic dieting or restrictive eating; binge eating or bulimia; we can work together to help you restore a healthy, enjoyable relationship with food and with yourself.
I have also completed specialist training in Sleeping Disorders and strategies for managing them. If you are experiencing sleep difficulties, we can work in a targeted way to explore and gain an understanding of your specific problems, identifying and implementing strategies to improve your sleep efficiency.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I run a private practice based from my office located centrally in Burbage. I work with client's on a short and long basis helping to explore and manage issues, including depression, anxiety, work related stress, relationship issues, trauma, an eating distress. I have experience working with some of the UK’s leading Occupational Health organisations and EAP's (Employer Assisted Programme); and for a national charity counselling women who have experienced recent or childhood abuse, with issues such as self confidence and esteem, self harm, body image, relationship issues and conflicts, assertiveness and personal boundaries.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Psychology (Derby University)
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills)
- NCFED Diploma in Practitioner Skills for Eating Disorders
- NCFED Practitioner Skills for the Management of Obesity
- NCFED Nutritional Interventions for Eating Disorders
- Sleeping Disorders and strategies for managing them
- Anger Rage and Relationship
- Creative Tools for Therapy
- Clinical Trauma Coach for PTS
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- eating distress
- emotional eating
- over eating
- restrictive eating
- under eating
Photos & videos
When you contact me we will arrange an initial assessment over the phone to discuss your needs and how we may best work together. This will be free of charge and can last up to 30 minutes.
If you then want to work together, sessions will be for 50 minutes and charged at £45.
Eating Disorders therapy is charged at £60 per 60 minute session.
We will review your progress at each session to ensure that we are working well and moving towards your goals.
Some of the things my client's have fed back about therapy with me:
"The difference it's made to my life in such a short time is absolutely priceless."
"I love my therapy sessions. I look forward to them each week and leave feeling so much stronger."
"It's worked better than any medication for me."
"The way you talk always make me see things differently so I can understand how I can change the way I think and act."
"I feel heard, understood and accepted."
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evening, daytime and weekend sessions available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|