I am a dedicated, conscientious, caring professional offering a relaxed, confidential environment to help you address any difficulties that you may be experiencing in your life. I am warm and compassionate and have an empathetic nature, with a deep understanding of a wide range of issues, including anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, bereavement, addictions such as smoking, weight issues, as well as phobias and emotional abuse.
As an integrative therapy, I use techniques and tools from different modalities, looking at the whole person, taking into account, physical, mental, and emotional needs.
All sessions are tailored to the individual's needs, the emphasis being on the uniqueness of each client, building a 2-way relationship and trust between client and therapist.
- Are you at a point in your life or career where you feel stuck and don't know which way to go?
- Do you have too much going on and don't know how to manage?
- Have you lost your sense of self in amongst the drudgery of everyday life?
- Do You think this was all you ever wanted but now it's not enough?
- Are you tired of life running you?
- Do you want to run life YOUR way?
If your answer is "yes" to one or more of the above questions, then you're in the right place to start making changes.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training & experience:
I am based in Cardiff, South Wales, I have many years of experience working in a multicultural organisation, where my work covered areas including sustaining well-being, problem-solving, resilience and goal focusing within the workforce. This gives me a deep understanding of the pressures modern life can cause.
I am a fully qualified integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist committed to the well-being of others, helping you identify any patterns or problems in your relationships with other people and work out strategies to support personal growth.
- Bachelor of art Open Degree
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic counselling Ad Dip PC
- Diploma in psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling
- NVQ Certificate in Management
- HABC Education and Training (QCF)
- Certificate in Social Studies
- Foundation course Bereavement Care
- Youth Mental Health First Aid (Wales)
As part of my personal development, I continue to receive supervision from a qualified practitioner accredited to the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) who mentors and helps me develop my skills to work to best practice standards, providing me with personal and psychological support. I also commit to continued professional development to provide added value to my therapy and increase my skills, knowledge and personal qualities.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Free initial online session
- Individual Skype/Zoom/Telephone £45
- Student Skype/Zoom/Telephone £25.00
- Individual face-to-face £55 (subject to availability)
- Student face-to-face £35 (subject to availability)