Kathleen Stelfox Online and Telephone Couples and Individual Counsellor
Hello, my name is Kathy, and I am a professionally qualified individual and couple counsellor and registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy. In these challenging times are you struggling to make sense of how you are thinking and feeling or finding it increasingly difficult to express yourself in your relationship and with others? Perhaps you are overwhelmed but feel you cannot burden anyone about what is worrying you?
If this is you, and you are trying to cope but feeling more anxious and depressed as time goes on, let me reassure you that there is help and support and that you are not alone. During times such as this it can be overwhelming, but you do not have to struggle to work things out on your own.
I provide a calm and reflective space where you can talk about whatever is on your mind and how you would like to things to be different. Together we can explore what is going on for you to help you make sense of your issues, so you start to feel more able to cope and you feel more in control of your life.
Feel free to contact me by email or telephone so that we can talk about where you are struggling and what you hope to get from counselling.
It is important you feel I am the right person for you so you can be yourself and feel able to talk openly about what you are holding on to through exploring your feelings, thoughts and experiences.
You are the expert and with help and support can embrace taking control of your life through your journey of self-discovery and new perspective.
Contact me for a free 30-minute phone consultation.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Level 5 - Diploma in Adult Relationship Counselling (Relate trained).
- Relate trained and certificates awarded in Domestic Violence and Abuse, Mental Health Awareness, Suicidal Risk and Support, Child Protection and Safeguarding.
- Middlesex University - FdA Humanistic Counselling based on Transactional Analysis - includes Levels 4 & 5.
- European Association for Transactional Analysis - TA 101 Verification.
- Peter Symonds College - Level 3 Certificate of Achievement in Counselling.
- Open Study College - Level 3 Counselling Skills.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Individuals face to face - £50
Couples face to face - £65
Individuals webcam or telephone £45
Couples webcam or telephone £55
Concessions available for those on low income subject to availability.
48-hour cancellation policy.
Concessions offered for
- Relate Adult Relationship Practitioner
- Counsellor at Andover Crisis and Support Centre for women.
- Support Buddy for McMillan Cancer Support
- Enhanced DBS checked.
- Supervised to BACP standards
- Relate trained on webcam and using telephone with clients
- On-going training courses as part of my continuous personal development to adhere to ethical standards of good working practice.