Katherine Uher, BACP
The Therapy Centre
Over time stress has an erosive effect on the self and can lead to generalized anxiety, depression, panic attacks, sleep difficulties and emotional exhaustion.
My areas of expertise include:
- Anxiety: General, Social, Abandonment, Health, Paranoia & Catastrophizing
- Low Self Esteem
- Identity & Life Changes
- Emotional Disregulation
- Asperger's Syndrome (High Functioning Autism)
- Loss & Transition
- Relationship Issues
- Postnatal Depression
- Childhood Bullying
- Childhood Abuse
How to start counselling
It’s common that people starting therapy for the first time feel nervous and unsure as to what to expect. Here is a list of the usual steps for starting therapy:
- We’ll agree a time to have our session.
- On the day of our appointment you will come to the building and wait in the reception area, where I will meet you. (If we are having a phone or Skype appointment those arrangements will be made via email before hand)
- Each session last for fifty minutes. During our first session you will have an opportunity to share why you’ve come and to decide if you would like to continue on with further sessions. There is never an obligation to have additional sessions.
- If you do decide you would like to go further then I will go away and formulate an integrative therapy plan tailored to suite you.
- If you’re interested in arranging an appointment send me an email letting me know what time and day are best for you. There is no need to include personal information at this stage, unless you wish to. If you would like a phone or Skype appointment please make sure to mention that.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered member of the BACP
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counseling (With Merit)
- Certificate in Transactional Analysis
- Mental health author and journalist
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
In person appointments
£40 Per 50 minutes (Single session)
£70 Per 100 minutes (Double session)
£20 Per 50 minutes (Single session)
£40 Per 100 minutes (Double session)
Payment methods: Cash, cheque or bank transfer.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client