Kath Attwood - MBACP, DIPS Personal Therapy & Couples Therapist
I work with individuals and couples who may be experiencing challenging and sometimes life-changing events no matter how big or small these challenges are, they are your challenges and life experiences. And you are important.
Please do get in touch by email or phone. I work with many presenting issues such as generalised anxiety disorder, depression, postnatal depression, addiction, abuse, relationship difficulties, panic disorders, phobias, loss in its many forms, and so many other areas that can complicate our lives and emotions.
What happens next?
At our first meeting we will explore what brought you to counselling, what you are hoping for and any expectations you may have from working together. Finding the right counsellor for you, who you feel comfortable and safe with, is hugely important. And if after the first session you feel I am not, then there is no obligation to continue. This is about you.
I provide short term and long term therapy and sessions are 1 hour. I offer day sessions and some evening time slots. I offer reduced rates for counselling students.
Please email or call me, or a text if that's better for you... I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB level 2
- CPCAB level 3
- CPCAB level 4 Diploma Integrative Therapy
- MIND Bereavement and Loss Training Course
- MIND Anxiety and Depression Course
- MIND Anger Management Course
- MIND Borderline Personality Awareness Course
- MIND Trauma Training Course
- Langley Training Centre Relationship Therapy Working With Couples part 1&2
- Experience in drug and alcohol addiction, having worked as a one to one counsellor in a rehabilitation centre. And also in group therapy sessions.
- I am also an associate Therapist for two national EAP providers.
- Worked for the leading mental health charity MIND as a Volunteer Therapist for over three years.
- I am committed to continued professional development.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
£40 to £60 depending on therapy.
Some concessions are available.
Reduced fees for counselling students
What type of therapy do you offer?
I am an integrative therapist, which simply means I draw upon a number of theories to help me gain a better understanding and knowledge of you, in the present and in the past. Enabling you to make sense of your past, your choices and your relationships could then help you to move forward in your life.
Where will our sessions be?
I offer a safe, non judgmental and confidential space for you to explore any issues that you are finding difficult. Talking things through can help you understand your own world and enable you to decide whether you want to make any changes.
I work from my own home in Hockliffe in Bedfordshire (which is on the main A5 and also very close distance to the M1).
I also work from an office in Milton Keynes in Buckinghamshire. I am easily accessible from Dunstable and Luton too.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Wheelchair user access:||No|
There are steps involved at the premises. So, therefore, I can offer online Skype, or FaceTime contact or telephone.
Weekday (including three evenings a week) and weekend appointments available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|