MBACP Registered Integrative Counsellor, PhD
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
I am a fully qualified, integrative counsellor (Psychotherapy, CBT and Person-Centred) and I am a registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP). I understand that contemplating counselling can be a daunting experience, but I want to reassure you that I offer a confidential and non-judgemental space for you to be listened to, and I have a calm, warm and empathic approach. Each session is led by you and at a pace which feels comfortable. I firmly believe the therapeutic relationship is a collaborative one, and we can work together to explore your feelings and emotions within a safe and supportive setting, and to take the first steps towards self-healing, growth and empowerment.
I previously worked as a teacher, so I am fully aware of how stress and anxiety can have a fundamental impact on securing a manageable work-life balance, both for the individual and for families.
As well as my private practice, I work as a secondary school counsellor, and I have a vast amount of experience of working with a range of areas including anxiety and depression, panic attacks, self-esteem and body image, suicidal ideation, OCD, body-focused repetitive behaviour (BFRDs), self-harm, sexuality, body dysmorphia, bereavement and addiction. I currently offer Zoom sessions, but will be able to offer face to face sessions from my counselling room at home by the beginning of July 2022.
I understand you may be feeling lonely, anxious and worried but I am here to offer support. I also understand how difficult it could be to take the first step and reach out, and that is why you can email me or speak to me on the telephone if you have any questions. I offer a free 15 minute telephone consultation to ensure I am the right counsellor for you, and we can work together.
I can offer both short and long term counselling.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications:
- Diploma in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Certificate in Counselling Studies (CPCAB)
PhD Representation of Gender and Sexuality
- Secondary School Counsellor
- NHS Project5 Wellbeing Specialist
- Mind Counselling Service
- Covid Crisis Herts Counselling
- The Perry Clayman Project (Addiction)
- Signpost (Working with Young People and Adults)
- Lecturer in Counselling at West Herts College
Further Training Courses:
- BACP & Open University: How to do Counselling Online - A Coronavirus Primer
- Online and Telephone Counselling
- Dealing with Distress: Working with Suicide and Self-Harm
- Working with Clients who Self-Harm
- Preparing to Work with Sexual Abuse
- Preparing to Work with Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Trauma and Brain Plasticity
- Attachment Theory
- Working with Bereaved Children
- Working with Hard-to-Help Clients
- Counselling Clients in Substance Misuse
- Single Session Therapy
- AH-HA Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Safeguarding Children and Young People: Level Three
- Herts County Council: Level One Safeguarding and Prevent Training
- West Herts College: Working with Trauma
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50.00 per session
£50 per individual counselling session
When I work
- My practice is within walking distance of all public transport
- Free parking on drive
- I can offer day-time, evening and weekend sessions
- I am fully insured and have regular supervision to support my work