Dr Joshua Bourne
13 John Prince's Street
+44 7846 065551
I am a Counselling Psychologist registered and qualified with the British Psychological Society (BPS), British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), and Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). I have over 7 years of training and work experience offering evidence-based practice in the field of Psychology, both in therapeutic and business psychology contexts.
I am affiliated with the Hudson Centre for Psychotherapy and Recovery (HCPR) in Central London and also work for the National Health Service (NHS) in North London working with Children with Disabilities and their Families.
At the Hudson Centre, I work with clients of all ages, from children to older adults, of all populations, ethnicities and backgrounds. I offer a non-judgemental, positive and warm environment to help provide solutions to a variety of issues.
Our work together begins with a consultation, which will give us a chance to explore the issues you want to work on and for us to see if we'd like to embark on this therapeutic journey together as a team.
Most common areas of counselling issues I work with (please see full list at bottom)
- Stress, distress management and coping
- Anger management
- Relationship concerns at home, work or school
- Family conflict
- Sleep disturbance
- Gender identity
Most common types of treatment I use (please see full list at bottom)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Individuals (young children to older adults)
Please note that in addition to in-person, I offer sessions online via videoconferencing (Skype).
Training, qualifications & experience
- British Psychological Society (BPS)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Counselling Psychology (PsychD) from the University of Roehampton, London, UK, 2018
- Counselling Psychology (MSc) from the University of Roehampton, London, UK, 2016
- Organisational Behaviour Psychology (MSc), Birkbeck College, London, UK, 2013
- Communication (BA), Santa Clara University, California, USA, 2008
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
Please email me directly or call me for more information on fees.
I answer faster via email. While my fees are set to industry standard, I take financial considerations and hardships into account.
I typically offer sessions in evenings Tuesday to Thursdays and during the day on Fridays.
**Also, my profile and website with the Hudson Centre is listed on their sexual addiction website, but I do not work with clients on sexual addiction issues.**
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesday to Thursday evenings and Friday day or evening.
Types of client