My name is Jonathan I am a qualified and experienced Person Centred Counsellor with training in CBT. I can offer integrative counselling, which means I can adapt my approach which can be tailored to your specific requirements.
I have over 13 years experience working and supporting clients to make positive changes in their lives. It is my belief that counselling should be affordable and accessible to all. To enable this within my practice I work from home, to keep costs down for clients and reduce overheads. Sessions can start from £23. I offer a free 30 minute telephone consultation where I will complete an initial assessment. I can answer any questions that you may have and explain a little bit more around the process and what to expect in our first session. I am able to work with you either face-face/online or telephone. This can be discussed in our initial assessment.
Deciding you would like to talk to someone about your thoughts, feelings and behaviour is a courageous decision and something you should be proud of that you are considering taking these steps. I aim to provide a safe and warm environment, where you can speak freely without fear of judgement. So often in our lives we reach a place where we are struggling in some capacity or another. It may be a deep routed issue that goes back to childhood, substance misuse, a past relationship, current relationship or trauma.
Having a place where you can allow yourself time and a calm space to think, talk and work things out with a skilled professional can be very powerful.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 4 Diploma in the Theory & Practice of Counselling
- Level 5 Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Level 3 Counselling Skills
- Level 4 Diploma in Psychiatry
- Level 3 Diploma in Addiction Studies
- Level 3 Trauma Informed Practice
- Master Practitioner in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
- Safeguarding Training
- Mindfulness Training
- Bereavement Training
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £23.00 to £35.00
Free initial telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
- Initial Assessment Free Telephone/Online Appointment to see whether counselling is for you and to ask any questions you may have. There is no obligation to proceed with further sessions.
- Sessions thereafter £25.00 per session Face-Face, Online, Telephone
- Reduced rate for 6 sessions booked upfront of £138.00 which is £23 per session
- Home visits within a 10 mile radius £35.00 per session
- Reduced rate for 6 sessions booked upfront of £198.00 which is £33 per session.
I can be flexible around my working days/ hours as in addition to my counselling practice i work at home in my day job, quite often i can move things around to fit in with clients.
- I am able to offer flexible appointments up until 11pm in the evenings and at weekends
- I have professional Liability & Indemnity Insurance
- My therapy room is CVD secure and all measures are taken in ensuring that the space is fully cleaned down after each client has finished their session