Welcome to talk-it-over.
- My name is John Stainton and I am a qualified, person-centred Counsellor.
- The counselling I offer is a talking therapy.
- I offer a non-judgemental, empathic, confidential service in which you can safely explore any issues you wish to bring to the session.
- My role is not to offer advice, I offer you the space to talk-it-over, about the important things in your life that you may wish to change or explore.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma - ABC -Therapeutic Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Diploma - Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Diploma - Depression Management
- Level 3 - Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 2 - Counselling Skills
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- FREE initial 30 minute talk-it over session
- Counselling appointments last for 50 minutes and are charged at £40 per session
- I am available to provide weekday and Saturday Morning appointments.
- I do not offer concessionary rates for students in training. Home visits may incur additional costs.
- Therapy works if people wish to attend.
- While I enable self-reflection, together we can work with the issues you bring. I will not apply pressure on anyone to have counselling.
- As well as establishing my own private practice, for the past couple of years I have been a volunteer Counsellor at Pathways, Barnsley Domestic Violence Support Group. Dealing with a variety of client issues from varying backgrounds.
- I am a member of the following professional bodies:
- MBACP - Registered member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists and bound by their ethical framework of good practice.
- I provide counselling sessions on the outskirts of Wakefield with easy access from the motorways in a confidential, professional and comfortable residential environment. There is free on-street parking available.