John Stainton Registered MBACP
81 Hollingthorpe Road
Welcome to talk-it-over.
- My name is John Stainton and I am a qualified, person-centred Counsellor.
- The counselling I offer is a talking therapy.
- I offer a non-judgemental, empathic, confidential service in which you can safely explore any issues you wish to bring to the session.
- My role is not to offer advice, I offer you the space to talk-it-over, about the important things in your life that you may wish to change or explore.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma - ABC -Therapeutic Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Diploma - Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Level 3 - Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 2 - Counselling Skills
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- FREE initial 30 minute talk-it over session
- Counselling appointments last for 50 minutes and are charged at £40 per session
- I am available to provide weekday and Saturday Morning appointments.
- I do not offer concessionary rates for students in training.
- Therapy works if people wish to attend.
- While I enable self-reflection, together we can work with the issues you bring. I will not apply pressure on anyone to have counselling.
- As well as establishing my own private practice, for the past couple of years I have been a volunteer Counsellor at Pathways, Barnsley Domestic Violence Support Group. Dealing with a variety of client issues from varying backgrounds.
- I am a member of the following professional bodies:
- MBACP - Registered member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists and bound by their ethical framework of good practice.
- I provide counselling sessions on the outskirts of Wakefield with easy access from the motorways in a confidential, professional and comfortable residential environment. There is free on-street parking available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am able to offer week day and Saturday morning appointments
Types of client