Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
"I cannot thank John enough for helping me through this difficult period of time. I honestly feel that his support made all the difference in my being able to deal with the challenges I was facing. He was able to give me the space to talk, think and open up. John’s warm, non-judgemental and professional approach meant that I always felt safe and able to explore my emotions. " Client testimony.
I am a Cambridgeshire based therapeutic counsellor and help my clients to understand difficult feelings and emotions so that they can be more confident to live their lives on their own terms.
I can help clients with this process if they are experiencing emotional challenges associated with:
- Neurodiversity specifically the emotional impact of dyslexia.
- The emotional aspects of parenting.
- Bereavement and loss for men.
- Managing grief whilst working.
- Poor self-esteem.
- Managing relationships.
In terms of my approach I provide a safe space for my clients to explore difficult emotions free from judgement working remotely (phone or zoom) and face to face (pending the lifting of COVID restrictions).
I work with young people and adults and I hold a DBS certificate.
How does the counselling process work with me?
- The first thing is to have a chat about what is leading you to consider counselling. We can do this by telephone or Zoom. This gives you a chance to see if you would like to work with me and ask any questions.
- If we agree to work with each other, we will discuss an upfront contract of expectations about cost, how the counselling will be conducted, where and when it will take place. I will brief you on confidentiality.
- Then we book a starting date.
- If you find that in session one you feel this is not for you then I won't charge you, but if you do then I ask my clients to pay for session one and then upfront for the next session. You will only ever pay for my time booked and not for multiple sessions. The number of sessions that you take will be down to you.
Please do get in touch if you would like more information or if you have any questions.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold a Level Four Diploma in Counselling and am accredited member of the National Counselling Society.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society (NCS)
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£60.00 per session
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
When I work