Dr Jodie Goddard
Thank you for taking the time to look at my profile.
My name is Jodie and I am a Registered Clinical Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). I am experienced in working with clients across the lifespan; children, adolescents and adults. I have particular experience in working with children and adults who have an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) and Attention, Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
I have been trained to a high standard of expertise in a range of therapeutic models. I have experience of working therapeutically using an integrative psychological approach, drawing on aspects of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Compassion Focused Therapy, Mindfulness, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Attachment Theory, Systemic models, Behavioural Theory and Psychodynamic principles.
I provide assessment and therapeutic intervention for a range of emotional difficulties, including anxiety, depression, phobias, attachment difficulties, chronic pain, obsessive/compulsive problems, adjustment difficulties, child behavioural problem, parenting interventions, visible difference concerns and the psychological impact of illness and injury. I also have experience of providing therapeutic intervention for both children and adults who have ASC and/or ADHD.
I understand it can be difficult choosing to come to therapy and it is important to find a Psychologist you feel comfortable with. I am happy to answer any questions you may have and to talk through whether therapy is something you would like to consider. During our first appointment, we will have the opportunity to discuss what you would like support with and how we may work together.
Please text, call or email if you would to consider making an appointment. I am currently offering face to face appointments.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy), University of Leicester
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Psychology (BSc Hons), upper second class, University of Leicester
- NHS training in Adult and Child Safeguarding
- ACT for Adolescents
- ACT for anxiety and depression
- ACT for Trauma
- Diagnostic Interview for Social and Communication Disorders
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule
- Incredible Years
Professional Registrations & Memberships
Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Child/Adolescent Psychology (mental health problems, behaviour problems and parenting)
- Paediatric Psychology (psychological impact of physical health and injury, feeding difficulties, chronic constipation, chronic pain and medically unexplained symptoms)
- Adult and child ASC and ADHD
- Adult anxiety and depression
- Child anxiety and depression
- Main Therapeutic Approaches
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Positive Behaviour Support
- Incredible Years
- I have over 12 years experience working in mental health. I have experience working with adults and children.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £100.00 to £110.00
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
EAP/Health Insurance Providers
Initial Assessment (1.5hr) £150
Therapy Appointments (50 mins) £100
My availability is flexible but subject to change. Please contact me if you would like to know my current availability. Some appointments are for remote appointments only via Zoom.