Jill Morgan Adv Dip., MA, BA (Hons.), MBACP (Accred)
As a qualified and accredited therapist in private practice, I provide counselling and psychotherapy to adults, children, young people and families in Moseley, Birmingham, B13. My practice is within easy reach of Kings Heath (B14).
A core component of my work is about supporting clients to explore their life experiences in their own way. For some, the prospect of this can be daunting. Knowing they will be listened to and not judged can help to make this process feel more manageable.
I am trained in the Humanistic Integrative approach to counselling and psychotherapy. This approach recognises the uniqueness of the individual and the need for the therapy to adapt to the client’s own way of being. I am qualified to deliver a wide range of therapeutic approaches including Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Humanistic Counselling and CBT. I am also able to integrate various philosophical perspectives, Mindfulness and creative therapies into my work.
Intrinsic to the success of therapy is the working alliance within the client-therapist relationship. I have found that being able to draw upon what’s happening in the therapy room is a valuable means of gaining further insight into one’s relationships and experiences with others.
The therapy will challenge you at the same time as maintaining respect for your unique way of understanding and living your life.
I work on an open-ended or time-limited basis. I am registered and accredited with the BACP.
I offer concessions for clients in receipt of Job Seekers' Allowance (or equivalent), full-time students and trainee student therapists.
Training, qualifications & experience
Anna Freud Centre, UCL and Kings College London
CYP IAPT, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Postgraduate Diploma
CPPD Counselling School
Humanistic Integrative Counselling, Advanced Dip., Dip. and Certificate (2006 -2009)
University of Nottingham
Critical Theory, MA (2002 - 2003)
BA (Hons) Art for the Community and English Literature (1997 - 2000)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Issues of difference, diversity and cultural issues
Displacement, migration and refugee related issues
Vicarious and secondary trauma, compassion fatigue
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- I charge £50 for an individual session of 50 minutes (including the initial session). £65 for sessions of 75 minutes duration with groups/families/couples.
- I also have a limited number of lower-cost places, reserved for clients in receipt of Job Seekers' Allowance and other equivalent benefit
- I can offer day, evening and weekend availability
- My practice is located in Moseley, B13 and is within easy reach of Kings Heath, Selly Oak, Bourneville, Edgbaston and the centre of Birmingham.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day, evening and weekend availability
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|