Janet Fengeros, UKCP Reg. Clinical Psychotherapist, Supervisor and Trainer
Are you at a point in your life when you feel unable to move on and don't know what to do? Do you feel that your life could improve and that you could live it more fully? If you are struggling to make decisions about the future or recover from events in the past then psychotherapy can help
I am a UKCP registered therapist, trained in Transactional Analysis psychotherapy and have been practising for 20 years. I see individuals and couples and have a high success rate in supporting both to change negative behavioural patterns, which inhibit one's quality of life and impact on relationships
I have done further training in this profession to enable me to offer Clinical Supervision to therapists, counsellors, psychiatrists, and other health professionals. I am also a Primary Course Tutor training others to be psychotherapists
I am qualified as a Careers Adviser, Life Coach and Business Coach and can use these skills and expertise in the therapy room whenever necessary to resolve workplace issues
I passionately believe that we should make the most of our lives, and that we owe it to ourselves, and others around us, to be happy. It is my personal experience that the process of psychotherapy can make this happen
I have helped clients work through problems such as anxiety and depression, relationship issues, sexual difficulties, jealousy, bereavement and loss, stress and lack of self confidence, amongst others
I generally work on a long term basis but can also work doing brief therapy and have had excellent results with clients in as little as four sessions. We can discuss the type of therapy appropriate for you at our first meeting
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certified Transactional Analyst (CTA) - qualified to masters level in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy
- Provisional Teachingand Supervising Transactional Analyst (PTSTA) - qualified to teach Transactional Analysis psychotherapy and supervise other therapists/individuals
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision
- Certificate in Life Coaching
- Post Graduate Diploma in Careers Education and Guidance
- NVQ4 in Management
- UKCP Registered
- UKATA Registered
- Experience of NHS contracts with referrals from GP's
- Provided Management and Leadership Training in organisations
- Delivered Behaviour Management courses to professionals working with young people
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- For Individual Therapy I charge £60 for a 55 minute session, which is generally on a weekly basis
- For Couples/Relationship Therapy I charge £75 for a 60 minute session, again generally on a weekly basis
- I am an experienced Clinical Supervisor and charge £65 per session
- Business Coaching fees to be agreed on consultation
- I can offer long term therapy or brief solution focussed therapy
- Appointment times can be arranged during the daytime and some evenings up to 6pm
- Online, email or telephone counselling available after consultation
- Having been in management and training for many years I can advise on workplace relationships, productivity and leadership within organisations, dealing with issues such as stress related absence, conflict and team management