James Thorley - Counsellor and Supervisor MNCS(Accred)
My name is James, I'm a Person-Centred Counsellor and Supervisor, offering individual and couples counselling along with Supervision for Counsellors.
How can counselling help me?
Stress and Generalised Anxiety Disorder can be difficult to live with causing us to feel lost, overwhelmed and isolated.
Work Related Stress is a common condition in a modern world full of pressures and demands. Whether we work as part of a company or have our own business we are open to various trying situations and circumstances that leave us feeling vulnerable and unable to cope.
At these times we often put ourselves last and find it hard to be available to family members, friends and peers.
To be heard and fully understood in these times is extremely important, simply continuing and “being strong” is what has helped us to realise we cannot work this out alone.
I am passionate and committed to helping all my clients work towards a more comfortable sense of emotional well-being. I will work alongside you, guided by whatever you want to explore and any changes you would like to make. Person-Centred Counselling is gentle, non-directive and values the relationship between client and counsellor. You will be accepted just as you are without judgment and what you choose to bring to counselling will be truly heard with empathy, honesty and in total confidence.
Please contact me by phone or text on 07932 160750.
click here to send me an email if you would like to make an appointment or to discuss how counselling might help you.
Training, qualifications & experience
Graduate Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling, Manchester Metropolitan University.
Certificate in Supervision, Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy.
1-0-1 Transactional Analysis UKATA Manchester
Rewind Trauma Therapy IARTT
I have worked for North Staffs Mind with adult clients, a secure school counselling 11 to 16-year-old's and as a school counsellor at a local secondary school.
As part of my private practice, I am part of a multidisciplinary counselling team working with clients with needs relating to addiction and complex mental health.
I have current DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) clearance and have an up-to-date Child Safeguarding Certificate.
I am an accredited registered member of the National Counselling Society (MNCS Accred) and abide by their ethical framework to offer the best service possible.
My continued professional development courses include:
- Clients and Their Medication. (MIND)
- Excellence in Practice. Working Therapeutically in The Criminal Justice System (Durham University)
- Anxiety and Panic Attacks (MIND)
- Working with Trauma (Manchester Institute of Psychotherapy)
- Working with Attachment (Manchester Institute of Psychotherapy)
- Safeguarding Children (Dove Service)
- Understanding Suicidal Clients (MIND)
- Working with Asperger's Syndrome. (MIND)
- Certificate in Supervision. (Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy)
- Rewind therapy (David Muss)
- Working at Relational Depth (Mick Cooper)
- Rape & Sexual Assault Counselling (NCS)
- Transactional Analysis (Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Couples counselling.
- Self esteem.
Photos & videos
Individual counselling £35.00 1 hour session.
Couples counselling £50.00 1.5 hour session.
EAP's, Insurance or business referrals, first session £50.00 1 hour session. Subsequent sessions £45.00 1 hour session.
Supervision £35.00 1 hour session.
It can feel a daunting prospect to take the step into counselling, however, the benefits can be life-changing. You need not feel alone with difficult emotions, the process of counselling offers a confidential space where you can feel safe to explore anything that might be troubling you.
Your situation and feelings are unique to you, I will not judge you nor tell you what to do, but will listen and support you in finding the right path that suits you and your life.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
9.00 am to 9.00 pm Monday to Friday. Saturday 10.00 am to 6.00 pm Evening and weekend appointments are available to suit your schedule and flexibility.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
My name is James and I offer counselling supervision, working in the Seven Eyed Model.View supervision profile